Wedding Cake

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Dustin

• “I’m doing this one from memory, as I’ve been so stupid to accidentally lock the drawer of my desk at work. As you may guess, I don’t have a key to open it and the sample of Wedding Cake rooibos I...” Read full tasting note
  • “I used to love this tea! Back when I was a rooibos fan, this tea was the best. Rich almond and coconut in a caffeine free base, it was perfect for the evenings. Since then I have developed a...” Read full tasting note

From Tea Embassy

Fragrant and caffeine free herbal blend that has the aroma of wedding cake! The delightful combination of coconut and almond make this rooibos a favorite blend.

About Tea Embassy View company

I’m doing this one from memory, as I’ve been so stupid to accidentally lock the drawer of my desk at work. As you may guess, I don’t have a key to open it and the sample of Wedding Cake rooibos I received from Dustin is in it. Darn! Hopefully someone will be able to open the lock next week.

Anyway as Dustin I find the tea’s to be similar in that they both have a powerful almond smell and flavor. I think because the rooibos in itself is sweeter, it blends more into the mix than the green tea base of Almond Cookie, which is a pity. Although a very good rooibos, it isn’t as interesting as the Almond Cookie Green in my opinion.

I used to love this tea! Back when I was a rooibos fan, this tea was the best. Rich almond and coconut in a caffeine free base, it was perfect for the evenings. Since then I have developed a dislike of rooibos, so I hesitated to add this to my order. The first few sips were light. I could pick out a little almond and some soapiness that I have noticed in other teas that have coconut. The soapiness comes and goes and seems to depend on if I have a big sip or a small. I added some creamer and it seems to have killed it a little. I can smell the almond still, but it is muted. I get a little rooibos dry mouth after my sip if I think about it, but it isn’t bothering me otherwise. I was expecting to really dislike this tea, but it’s alright. I’m not as excited about it as I recall, but it is still a nice option to have in the evening.