Earl Grey

Lemon, Malt, Smoked, Soap, Tannic
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “Okay, I had tea bag of this. The base was very nice, bold and malty. Even bit smoky! And that is what I like on EGs. But as this is supposed to be citrusy from bergamot – well this part is missing...” Read full tasting note
  • “Backlog: The fragrance of Bergamot is lacking – I didn’t get a strong bergamot aroma when I opened the pouch and I also didn’t get a really strong bergamot scent in the brewed tea. It was a little...” Read full tasting note

From Tea of Life

Product description not available yet.

About Tea of Life View company

Okay, I had tea bag of this.

The base was very nice, bold and malty. Even bit smoky! And that is what I like on EGs. But as this is supposed to be citrusy from bergamot – well this part is missing completely. It was rather lemon dish soap taste-aroma, weirdly sweet and overall unenjoyable.

Too bad, the base is great, but flavour is wicked.

Flavors: Lemon, Malt, Smoked, Soap, Tannic

195 °F / 90 °C 4 min, 0 sec 10 OZ / 300 ML

Backlog:

The fragrance of Bergamot is lacking – I didn’t get a strong bergamot aroma when I opened the pouch and I also didn’t get a really strong bergamot scent in the brewed tea. It was a little disappointing to me because I love me some bergamot and I enjoy smelling it almost as much as I enjoy drinking a properly flavored Earl Grey tea.

Flavor-wise, the bergamot is there. It’s a good earl grey. It doesn’t taste soapy or like cologne. The black tea is brisk and smooth and not astringent.

Overall, I enjoyed this. I wish it had a stronger bergamot scent but because the flavors were there, I can’t really knock it too severely. A decent Earl Grey.

Here’s my full-length article: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/10/31/earl-grey-tea-from-tea-of-life/