Rum Pud #SPB4

Black Tea, Calendula Petals, Natural Flavours, Sunflower Petals
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Tea Revv Advent Calendar – Day 6 (originally written November 6th) Ooh, double black advent tea day! This one isn’t on Tea Revv’s website at the moment, so I’m not entirely sure what it’s meant to...” Read full tasting note
  • “There was nothing special about this “special blend.” It was a fine middle-of-the-day, medium bodied black tea that went well with sugar, but I didn’t really get any flavor other than basic tea...” Read full tasting note

From Tea Revv

Best brewed hot for 3-4 mins. Try adding a dash of milk. Or add hot frothed milk for a lattea.

Ingredients: Black tea, Calendula + Sunflower petals, Natural flavours

About Tea Revv View company

Tea Revv Advent Calendar – Day 6

(originally written November 6th)

Ooh, double black advent tea day! This one isn’t on Tea Revv’s website at the moment, so I’m not entirely sure what it’s meant to be flavored like. I get that it’s a Christmas pudding with rum, but not being British I’m not sure what that entails exactly. I assume it’s something like a fruitcake, with dried fruit and spices and the like. One of you Steepsters from across the pond, set me straight! ;)

Well, this doesn’t taste like any of those things to me. I’m not sure I really even get rum, perhaps just a touch? But mostly I’m getting banana and maybe some cocoa? Perhaps a bit of dried fruit, like cherries or cranberries, so that follows the fruitcake thing a bit. The base tea is malty, a bit woody, and a bit brisk with a slightly astringent aftertaste.

It’s certainly not bad, I’m just not sure what it’s supposed to taste like so I can’t say whether it’s accurate or not.

Flavors: Astringent, Banana, Cherry, Cocoa, Dark Chocolate, Dried Fruit, Malt, Raisins, Wood

There was nothing special about this “special blend.” It was a fine middle-of-the-day, medium bodied black tea that went well with sugar, but I didn’t really get any flavor other than basic tea from it. It did brew to a really pretty deep red brown color.

ETA the scoring rubric sometimes really annoys me here. I am the first one to give it a rating, and I give it a 70, so the rubric gives it an overall of 75? I’m not truly griping as such, I just don’t understand at all.

Cameron B.

I believe the ratings are normalized a bit so that one rating doesn’t skew it quite so far. I’m not sure what the algorithm is, though.