Assamica Gold Needle

High
Edit tea info Last updated by Random

1 Tasting Note View all

• “From subscription box This reminds me a lot of Golden Snail in scent and flavor, which I am quite pleased about. I believe it does get a little more astringent, but not by very much. I’ve never...” Read full tasting note

From Tea Runners

Assamica Gold Needle is a pure assamica tea from the world-famous Yunnan region in China.

Rich, bold, and sweet with notes of dark chocolate, malt, and baked goods. It might even remind you of a chocolate chip cookie!

The flavor is very sweet, but there is a slight mineral astringency to counter it. The depth and thick viscous texture of the tea and the heavy sugarcane aroma makes for a delightful experience.

About Tea Runners View company

1 Tasting Note

From subscription box

I’ve never had the words to describe the flavor. Maybe bready? Could this be what people mean by malty? But that doesn’t make sense to me given how many wildly different teas that taste absolutely nothing like this. I think I’ll stick with bready. It doesn’t taste anything like bread, but that’s the closest description I can think of for the flavor.

There may also be maybe a very slight minerally taste, mostly as it cools down.

Anyway, this is the kind of thing I tend to enjoy. Another bump for Yunan black teas.