Golden Fox - Golden Needle Dian Hong Black

Edit tea info Last updated by teabento

From teabento

Beautiful to look at, delicious to drink! Golden Fox is an unusual black tea from Yunnan, which contains only golden tips and is considered the best type of Dian Hong tea. The gorgeous golden needles have a sweet, gentle aroma with scents of caramel, dried fruit and citrus. The infusion is smooth, creamy, rich, with dominant malty notes combined with fruity, floral and chocolatey facets. The delicate, lingering finish rounds off the amazing tasting experience.

About teabento View company

I was drinking Golden Monkey earlier tonight and have moved on to Golden Fox. These leaves are much more golden than the other. This one is a lot lighter – in color, in flavor, in mouthfeel. Way more fruity, way less malty – I’m not getting any chocolate at all.
This is a nice tea, I don’t mind drinking it at all, but Golden Monkey is way more to my taste.
Sil said she thought this one was juicy – I’m going to have to agree with that.

Another sample thanks to the wonderful Teabento! This has been my tea of choice throughout this cold, dreary day. I feel like I’m getting sick but I don’t think my sense has been affected. With that said, I cannot get any chocolate notes from here. Mostly a touch of honeyed malt and dried fruit. A thinner mouthfeel

Oh weird! On my very last few sips after this cooled way down, I got a whisper of gentle smoke at the end of the sip.

Sipdown (596)!

Very chocolate-y tasting, which is definitely what I was hoping for when selecting it. In addition to having those lovely, dark chocolate type of notes there’s a slightly malty body notes as well and a lighter top note of French Bread. Undertones are just a tiny bit fruity, the same way that a really, really dark chocolate can also taste fruity despite not having fruit in it. Like that.

I’ll miss this – is was beautiful to look at, and delivered a lovely infusion.

This is juicy today. Less malty, but still smooth and tasty…but juicy!