Cinnamon Chai

1 Tasting Note View all

From teakruthi

Pure Ceylon Black tea (OP1) · Cinnamon spice

Loose leaf · From Ruhuna (a.k.a. Southern or Matara) region

Our Cinnamon Chai blend is a combination of two of our favourites: Low grown black tea and pure Ceylon Cinnamon. Hand-plucked at an elevation between sea level and 600m, this tea is heavy and robust; it offers a spicy, fresh flavour and is gold in colour. Ceylon Cinnamon, indigenous to Sri Lanka, is the best of its kind—in fact, it’s known widely as the only “true cinnamon,” or “real cinnamon.” Cinnamon grown in Sri Lanka has a popular reputation on the market for being unique and possessing quality colour, flavour, and aroma. This tea is truly a unique drinking experience for all Chai drinkers.

Tasting notes
Aroma
Spicy notes of cinnamon
Liquor
Gold
Taste
Spicy, wood, sweet

Health benefits of our Cinnamon Chai tea

Cinnamon Chai is rich in antioxidants such as Potassium and Magnesium that helps normalize blood pressure and reduce sugar levels, helping prevent Diabetes. The nutrients present in both Cinnamon and black tea work together to reduce the level of LDL “bad” cholesterol and triglycerides, lowering your risk of heart disease. The Polyphenols present in the black tea base have been shown to reduce the risk of Breast and Ovarian Cancer in women and Prostate Cancer in men. Learn more about the benefits of our Cinnamon Chai on our blog.

About teakruthi View company

1 Tasting Note

Another blended offering from teakruthi!

I’ve had a few teas before that use Ceylon Cinnamon – in general it’s quite a pleasant taste and I usually like it as an addition to tea blend, so I was excited to see it really shine in this really straightforward and simple blend. In my head there are sort of two main “types” of cinnamon flavour – the kind of red hot and sweet type that you see in Big Red gum or the little cinnamon hearts that come out around Valentine’s Day & then the more ‘refined’ cinnamon that’s a little dried and has a woody/bark kind of taste to it.

Ceylon Cinnamon is definitely the latter of those two – and you get that subtle drying aspect in this cup along with a lot of those woodier notes, which are further exaggerated by the Rahuna black tea base in this blend. It’s not over the top in any way; too drying/bitter/spicy – whatever you want to call it. You get the warmth of the cinnamon but it’s pleasant, as is the texture in your mouth from that hint of astringency and the woodier elements really make the tea feel natural still slightly nuanced enough to not just be a flat cinnamon note. I personally wish I was getting a little more sweetness from either the cinnamon or the base, but I really appreciate the simplicity and elegance of this tea blend. I enjoyed the cup a lot, and I think it’s a great way to lightly explore the Chai tea category without losing the taste of the tea to all of the spices.

I don’t reach for cinnamon teas/spiced teas often so I wont be buying this one when I finish off my sample but I liked it a lot and if you’re a fan of this type of cinnamon note or want something spiced that is well crafted and not overwhelming then I definitely do recommend giving this one a go!

Lasith at teakruthi

You’ve taken a LOT of time to try our teas and document the experience for other tea lovers here — THANK YOU, @Roswell Strange!!