Blissful Harmony

1 Tasting Note View all

From teakruthi

Pure Ceylon Black tea (OP1) · Pure Ceylon White ‘Silver Needle’ tea

Loose leaf · From Ruhuna (a.k.a. Southern or Matara) region

We picked this low grown from a region between sea level and 600m. This tea is flowery and light, and dark copper in colour. Black and white teas are combined in this blend for unique, contrasting flavours that cannot help but harmonise together. Much care has gone into this infusion: the black leaves are delicate and wiry and produce a refined taste, while the white tea leaves were naturally withered and gently hand-rolled before firing. Our Blissful Harmony blend has a smooth, malty taste, and is perfect for any time of day — morning or night.

Tasting notes
Aroma
Mellow notes of roasted Cashews
Liquor
Dark copper
Taste
Flowery, light

Health benefits of our Blissful Harmony tea

Blissful Harmony delicately balances the benefits of black and ‘Silver Needle’ white teas. With moderate levels of caffeine, Blissful Harmony can help enhance your mental alertness during the day. This tea is also rich in anti-oxidants with anti-ageing and dermatological properties, as well as reducing cholesterol and the risk of heart disease. Polyphenols contained in Blissful Harmony have been shown to reduce the risk of Breast and Ovarian Cancer in women and Prostate Cancer in men.

About teakruthi View company

1 Tasting Note

Last of the samples provided by teakruthi that I tried this week.

So, when I saw this in my provided samples I sort of had this inner “groan” type of reaction, because mixed tea base blends are sort of fun conceptually and have this neat novelty factor to them but rarely taste all that good. You’re usually having a slightly lesser version of whatever the tea bases would have tasted like on their own…

However, I was absolutely delighted to be proven wrong when I tried this one out! I noticed that the leaf is still majority black tea (though the white tea in this blend is DAMN pretty) so I steeped it Western style exactly like how I would any other black tea. Boil or bust mentality in a way, I suppose. As soon as the water hit the leaves I was hit with a hint of sweetness that I wasn’t expecting, and it just got better from there.

This was an easy tea to just slurp back because of how smooth it was. I personally enjoy sweet teas a lot, and this tea had a really nice and overall sweet profile. I felt like I was getting this mix of creamed honey notes from the black tea and fresher honeysuckle from the white tea, along with a more sweet and nutty body flavour that still had a rich undertone of creaminess to it. I see now, reading the company description more thoroughly, that they compare it to cashews? I’d say that feels sort of correct; though in the moment I was almost more thinking macadamia nuts and this sort of macadamia nut sugar cookie type thing dipped in milk and honey.

I am so delighted that this tea shocked me so much – and it’s a great example of why I love when other people pick samples out for me. Were I ordering for myself, I would have skipped over this tea and I think I’d have been missing out. We’ll see how I feel about it when I finish off the sample, but right now this tea and Lemon Kandy are both two that I would want to order again.

Martin Bednář

I remember having this one before Lasith wrote on Forum. I can not recall it really much, but now have kind of deja-vu. Yep, it is sweet but mild and creamy. Ohh, I do not know if I have picked it, if not, I will make a regular order I guess.

Lasith at teakruthi

You’ve taken a LOT of time to try our teas and document the experience for other tea lovers here - THANK YOU! Means a lot and appreciate the Black / White infusion turned out to be a pleasant surprise :)

Super Starling!

Oh this one sounds amazing. At some point I’d love to make surprise-sample boxes for each other — you seem like you have some winners, and like a surprise or two. :)

Roswell Strange

Super Starling! – I would totally be down for a mystery box! Best way to try new things! However, I’m trying to get under 650 teas before getting anything new in so not looking to swap right away…