Divine Highlands

Mineral, Eucalyptus, Floral, Fruity, Grapes, Grass, Muscatel, Pine, Pleasantly Sour, Raisins, Sap, Tannin, Vegetal
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 4 g 9 oz / 266 ml

• “I don’t love this one as much as I thought I would. I thought it might be malty and strong, but it’s a bit thin and mineral-like in flavor. I don’t dislike it, but it’s not as good to me as...” Read full tasting note
  • “I brewed this stronger than suggested on the bag, and was happy with a stronger taste than the other teakruthi teas I have tried. The wet leaf smells like orange peels, I didn’t expect that. The...” Read full tasting note
  • “Thanks to Teakruthi for the beautifully packaged free samples. I don’t have much experience with Sri Lankan teas, so I was eager to see what they’re all about. I personally picked this blend...” Read full tasting note

From teakruthi

Pure Ceylon Black tea · Flowery Broken Orange Pekoe (FBOP)

Loose leaf · From Nuwara Eliya region · Rainforest alliance certified

Our Divine Highlands blend is handpicked from the highest average elevation in Nuwara Eliya. At an elevation of 6,100 ft, Nuwara Eliya is known for producing Ceylon high grown teas, a brew so splendid it is famous for being “fit for the Gods.” An area where the wind is cool and bracing, and the air tinged with the refreshing scents of eucalyptus and mint, the unique climate and altitude of the Nuwara Eliya region provides an exceptional flavour experience for this blend. Fresh, flowery, and natural in taste, our Divine Highlands blend is bright yellow in colour and both satisfying and refreshing.

Tasting notes

Aroma
Floral with a hint of jasmine
Liquor
Bright yellow
Taste
Flowery, fresh, natural

Servings
1 tsp (2.6g) per 1 cup (6 oz, 180 ml)
Brewing
Near boil at 95-100 C (203-212 F)
Steepings
3 to 5 minutes, up to 3 times
Suggestions
Drink plain; add lemon, honey, sugar

About teakruthi View company

I don’t love this one as much as I thought I would. I thought it might be malty and strong, but it’s a bit thin and mineral-like in flavor. I don’t dislike it, but it’s not as good to me as yesterday’s Lemon Kandy.

Flavors: Mineral

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 g 6 OZ / 177 ML

I brewed this stronger than suggested on the bag, and was happy with a stronger taste than the other teakruthi teas I have tried. The wet leaf smells like orange peels, I didn’t expect that. The first brew is tangy and metallic, but not in a harsh way. It reminds me of an Assam but a bit more complex. I’m not getting the orange I smell in the wet leaf, the first brew is all sharpness and tang. The second brew is softer on the metal tang and I am getting floral honeysuckle notes. The third brew is just weak tea with a copper aftertaste.

Lasith at teakruthi

Thank you for taking the time to try our teas and review — your time is valuable and it means a lot to us!

Thanks to Teakruthi for the beautifully packaged free samples. I don’t have much experience with Sri Lankan teas, so I was eager to see what they’re all about. I personally picked this blend because the website description likened it to a first flush Darjeeling, a tea type of which I have some knowledge. I steeped 5 g of leaf in a 355 ml mug at 190F for 4, 6, and 10 minutes, respectively.

The leaves are small, fairly uniform green twists and have a dry aroma of wildflowers, fruit, and pine. The first steep is a lovely copper colour and indeed has the florals and faint muscatel of a first flush Darjeeling. I also get grape skins, green grapes, raisins, pine sap, eucalyptus, grass, tannins, and pleasant sourness. I remember as a kid cracking open the seed pods of the caragana tree in my yard, and the taste reminds me of how that smelled. The second and third steeps offer lighter renditions of these flavours.

I’ve tried this tea with less leaf and at lower temperatures, but anything that reduces the sappy sourness also reduces the Darjeeling-like fruit and florals. I’ve come to the conclusion that this tea should be enjoyed for the expression of the Sri Lankan highland terroir that it is and that comparisons to first flush Darjeeling can go only so far.

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Floral, Fruity, Grapes, Grass, Muscatel, Pine, Pleasantly Sour, Raisins, Sap, Tannin, Vegetal

5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML
Lasith at teakruthi

THANK YOU for taking the time to detail and share your experience with other #TeaLovers. Your time is valuable and means a lot to us!!