Brandy Oolong, Ruby 18

Oolong Tea
Caramel, Sweet, Floral, Honey, Malt, Peach, Stonefruits, Sugar
Edit tea info Last updated by Kasiopea

• “Well, now I love Oolong too. Crap. This means that I’m going to have to spend more money! Up until now I’ve been heavy on the golden-tipped teas and Assams, but this throws something slightly...” Read full tasting note
  • “Got this one to try in my last TeaLyra order. The description sounded exactly like something I’ve been craving lately, and the tea did not disappoint. I usually prefer the stronger black teas, with...” Read full tasting note

From Tealyra

Quickly making its way among Taiwan’s most treasured teas, Brandy Oolong is joining the ranks of Taiwan’s most famous- Tung Ting, Jade Oolong and Aged Oolong! We absolutely love our Brandy Oolong, Ruby 18! It is highly oxidized, yet not fully oxidized (roughly 85%-90%) and is processed using traditional oolong craft methods in Taiwan. The leaves’ rich amber color, and tea liquor gives this tea its unique name. Once steeped, the tea soup is a dark amber color that has heady aromatic roasted notes of caramelized honey and stone fruit. Its flavor has refreshing “cooling” minty undertones, with lots of deep, dark honey and sweet cinnamon like notes. It is wonderfully smooth and complex, without any bitterness and has an excellent sweet finish! Our Brandy Oolong, Ruby 18 will quickly become one of your favorites as well!

About Tealyra View company

Up until now I’ve been heavy on the golden-tipped teas and Assams, but this throws something slightly different into the mix. Still smooth and caramelly like golden-tipped teas, but with a slightly more complex undertone to it. I don’t know quite how to describe it, and it’s pretty early, so I’m just going to enjoy my cuppa and revisit it many, many times in the future :) It just has a certain “something” that makes it so incredibly delicious and moreish.

Also, I can’t wait to try this tea out Gong Fu style. I bet that that’s going to be delicious.

Flavors: Caramel, Sweet

Got this one to try in my last TeaLyra order. The description sounded exactly like something I’ve been craving lately, and the tea did not disappoint. I usually prefer the stronger black teas, with rich flavor and malt. This tea, is very well balance, it is low in bitterness, Very aromatic and flavorful. The aroma is Rich! I smell honey, caramelized sugar, malt, and stone fruit like peaches and cherry. I had this tea with some tart dried cherries and it was just delicious. It has floral notes to it which come more pronounced with later steepings. But in general it is a delicious, aromatic brew. I’ve been drinking it all day today and even now (steeping 5-6?) I’m still getting a lovely nose from the cup sitting on my desk and its makes me smile, Ahhh Yuuum. I am really enjoying this one and it will definitely be one of the favorites on the list.

Flavors: Caramel, Floral, Honey, Malt, Peach, Stonefruits, Sugar