Cinnamon Sweet Apricot Chai

Chai Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by tea-sipper

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I just deleted my last tasting note… for the second time. sigh. ANYWAY This was received as a lovely sample from Tealyra recently. They are discontinuing my beloved Tiramisu blend so I had to...” Read full tasting note

From Tealyra

Chinese apricot fruit has a beautiful golden skin with a surprisingly firm yet flavorful sweet flesh. Our Cinnamon Sweet Apricot Chai is a delightful green tea based chai blend with oriental cinnamon, fennel, pink peppercorn, heaps of apricot and a light hint of ginger and cloves!

The zingy combination of sweet apricot with an intriguing cinnamon twist is a celebration of early blooming Chinese apricot trees! Delicious apricot makes our chai blend so succulent and soft. The dry leaf has a strong spiced aroma with flowery apricot notes. At first sip, a rich sweetness coats your mouth; like cinnamon and burnt sugar, then follows a balanced taste of delicately spiced green tea with ripe juicy apricot flavor.

For an exciting sweet and spicy blend, try our east meets west Cinnamon Sweet Apricot Chai green tea blend!

Ingredients: Green tea, cinnamon bits, cinnamon-sugar (sugar, burnt sugar, glucose syrup, cinnamon), fennel, pink pepper, apricot bits (apricots, rice flour), cloves, ginger
Origin: Germany
Caffeine Level: Low
Preparation: Use 1 tsp of tea per 8oz/200ml of water. Heat water to 175F/80C and steep for 2-3 minutes.

About Tealyra View company

1 Tasting Note

I just deleted my last tasting note… for the second time. sigh. ANYWAY This was received as a lovely sample from Tealyra recently. They are discontinuing my beloved Tiramisu blend so I had to order some more. They also have quite a few new blends since last year. I like that they get new blends but it’s also sad to see when favorites disappear. The blend here is full of goodies: cinnamon, fennel, pink peppercorn, apricot, ginger and cloves. It’s like a green fruity chai. I can hardly tell there is any green tea within the blend though… which I think is gunpowder green. The flavor is certainly sweet and spicy. Though I’m not tasting as much cinnamon as I’d expect from the name. The other spices are balancing out the cinnamon. I’m also not tasting as much apricot as I’d expect, but I’m glad it isn’t that fake apricot flavor.
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons for a full mug// 31 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // 20 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep