Scottish Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by gmathis

• “I didn’t add a picture, because the photo on the TeaMaze website looks like a full-leaf tea, and the contents of my package are little nubblins and granules, like my old faithful PG Tips. Which is...” Read full tasting note

From TeaMaze

Rise and shine and be brave with this strong and invigorating tea! Originally blended strong to combat Scotland’s naturally soft water, Scottish Breakfast has become popular the world over for its intense tea flavor.

Steeping Instructions: 1 tsp. Tea leaves for 8 oz. of 208 degree water. Steep for 4 minutes then re-steep with the same leaves as desired.

About TeaMaze View company

Which is the best comparison I can provide for this strong breakfast tea. The fresh cup was deep ebony, and at first, I thought it was milder and gentler in flavor than the usual British builders’ tea. However, it strengthens as it sits, and now that it has cooled, it’s downright sharp and puckery. Not for the faint of heart.

I anticipate a perfectly acceptable second steep, and next time around, I believe this one will welcome a splash of millk.