Matcha Cocoa Latte

Cream, Nutty, Ocean Breeze, Roasted, Seaweed
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Tabby

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I might not be the best person to be the first to review this. The instructions say to whisk the matcha with a small amount of hot milk. I have no idea what a small amount is, but I do my best with...” Read full tasting note

From Teapigs

Cocoa meets matcha – the perfect partners. Rich dark chocolatey taste blended with matcha for a super tasty latte, with no sugar or milk powder.

About Teapigs View company

1 Tasting Note

I might not be the best person to be the first to review this.

The instructions say to whisk the matcha with a small amount of hot milk. I have no idea what a small amount is, but I do my best with a bamboo matcha whisk and milk I heated on the stovetop. Then it tells me to top with frothed milk. I don’t have a frother, so I make do with whisked hot milk. It does not say how much to use, which really frustrates me. I need better instructions than that.

Anyway, the matcha doesn’t smell like chocolate at all. It just smells like the ocean. That seaweedy generic matcha aroma. After the milk, I sort of smell chocolate, but it’s faint. The resulting tea is tan with green speckles on top. By now, the seaweed smells baked and toasty. The flavor sort of reminds me of Japanese snack mix. Sesame, roasted seaweed, and a creamy note that I guess is the faint chocolate blending with milk.

This isn’t the worst thing I’ve ever had, but I would definitely not buy it again.

Flavors: Cream, Nutty, Ocean Breeze, Roasted, Seaweed