Black Gold Biluochun

Astringent, Chocolate
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From Tearunners

These little pellets benefit from short-term aging to make a smooth but sturdy cup to waken the senses and boost energy levels, while the palate is left with hints of chocolate and flowers.

Enjoy multiple steeps to get the most out of your leaves, or try it iced as a refreshing summer sip.

Spring 2017 harvest.

About Tearunners View company

i REALLY liked this version from tearunners. Makes me wish i knew who their supplier was as it doesn’t taste like the YS version i’ve had. so good.

From yesterday afternoon!

I forgot I was steeping this, which resulted in a tea that steeped for nearly fifteen minutes. It was still surprisingly drinkable – I think me from seven years ago would absolutely lose their shit watching “current me” polish back a mug of straight, oversteeped black tea as if it was water. I think you really get used to astringency/bitterness over time and actually in many ways I’ve come to crave it in a straight black because otherwise I find that black teas often taste too simple or flat to me. Craaazzzyyy how palates change with time. I used to be so sensitive to bitterness.

This was good – like peppery dark chocolate with bits of malt, dark brown bread with the crusts, and leather. Thanks for the share VariaTEA!

this is a robust tea with no need for milk. the chocolate taste is quite strong, but it isn’t a sweet tea. the tea has a slightly astringent aftertaste. i’m drinking a mug on the last day of the decade whilst overlooking the early morning snow.

Flavors: Astringent, Chocolate