Famous Six Mountains Pu-erh

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by tea-sipper

1 Tasting Note View all

• “‘Samurai’ Traveling Teabox – Tea #5 I forgot this was the company run by Kaylee from Firefly! haha. I just finished rewatching Firefly about a month ago.  sigh.  I miss it already, yet again.  She...” Read full tasting note

From Tearunners

Direct from the Famous Six Mountains of Yunnan, this cooked pu-erh tea can be prepared and enjoyed at any time. While lighter in body and color to other pu-erhs, it still brews a rich, full-bodied, earthy cup of tea that is hearty without being over-powering, ending in a mellow and comforting aftertaste. An easy drinking pu-erh tea.

Ingredients: Pu-erh tea.

About Tearunners View company

1 Tasting Note

‘Samurai’ Traveling Teabox – Tea #5
I forgot this was the company run by Kaylee from Firefly! haha. I just finished rewatching Firefly about a month ago.  sigh.  I miss it already, yet again.  She was also on the episode of The Magicians I just watched last night. Tea Runners actually have a good sale right now.  A handful I wouldn’t mind trying: like the coconut pineapple oolong.  Though I think I can spot the sources for some of their teas.  This is loose leaf ripe pu-erh.  The flavor is in the middle of the pack of deliciousness for ripe pu-erhs.  It’s not too strong, not too weak.  No negative qualities.  But not too many things that make it a unique one.  A level of starchiness but then a very thin aftertaste? It’s tough to describe.  Now that I’m looking at the steep instructions, it says the first steep should have been for five minutes, so possibly I should have been steeping these leaves much longer than I did.  Not really many flavor notes I can pull from this one!
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons for a full mug // 5 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // 10 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #3 // just boiled // 8 minute steep

ashmanra

Wait, really? Did I miss something?

tea-sipper

ashmanra, I don’t know what you think you missed? Nothing new about Firefly… I was just rewatching it? Jewel Staite is on a couple episodes of The Magicians? Or Tea Runners is owned by Jewel Staite or that TeaRunners is having a sale? I don’t know. :D

AJRimmer

Yeah, I would love to support her company, but it seems like a lot of her teas come from Simpson & Vail, so it makes more sense to buy it straight from them.

tea-sipper

yep, I noticed S&V teas too.

ashmanra

I LOVE Firefly! I had no idea Jewel Staite had a tea company! Squeeeeeeee!

ashmanra

I agree though, if it is S&V teas I would just order straight from them.

gmathis

(Off to check out website NOW.)