Rhubarb Oolong

Flavor, Oolong Tea Leaves, Rhubarb, Rose Petals
Earth, Rhubarb, Smooth, Sweet, Tangy, Tart
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Mastress Alita

• “Love You Oolong Time! This one is an old favorite. To me the leaf has such a wonderful aroma, akin to dark chocolate and strawberries, which really draws me in! Brewed up, the tea is smooth,...” Read full tasting note
  • “I got a free sample of this tea with my recent purchase at TeaSource. I’ve never had a rhubarb-flavored tea before and I was quite curious to try it. The dry leaf has a very pretty appearance...” Read full tasting note
  • “I like this very much as an iced tea. I cold brew in the refrigerator overnight in the Bee House pitcher. It is sweet, but not overly so. I don’t really get a rhubarb taste, but a bit of fruity...” Read full tasting note
  • “Dry this tea smells very sweet. Overpoweringly so. It brews up to a very light colored cup and the sweet smell is virtually gone leaving something that might be rhubarb. But it doesn’t really...” Read full tasting note

From TeaSource

This lovely Chinese oolong from Fujian is blended with flavor, rose petals, and rhubarb pieces to produce a tea that steeps up sweet, very smooth, and medium-bodied with a very distinctive fruity-rhubarb tang. It is also phenomenal iced.

Steeping Instructions: Use one rounded tsp. per cup of water at 190-200 F. Steep 3-5 min.

About TeaSource View company

Love You Oolong Time! This one is an old favorite. To me the leaf has such a wonderful aroma, akin to dark chocolate and strawberries, which really draws me in! Brewed up, the tea is smooth, slightly sweet, and has a lovely rhubarb flavor with a mild tangy finish to the sip. The tea has a grounded fruitiness in some very subtle earthy notes from the oolong base, and it just all comes together wonderfully. I enjoy this tea warm, as a refreshing iced tea after an overnight cold brew, and yes, even after my cup has gone tepid! This is easily one of my favorite teas, and a permanent mainstay in my kitchen cupboards.

Full review: https://teatimetuesdayreviews.wordpress.com/2017/07/04/tea27/

Flavors: Earth, Rhubarb, Smooth, Sweet, Tangy

I got a free sample of this tea with my recent purchase at TeaSource. I’ve never had a rhubarb-flavored tea before and I was quite curious to try it. The dry leaf has a very pretty appearance embellished with lots of pink flower petals. While steeping, my kitchen smelled just like stewed rhubarb! After a 3-minute steep, the tea was a warm amber color with a slightly cloudy appearance. I chose to drink it iced and found it to be quite smooth and flavorful with a distinctive rhubarb taste and a bit of tartness in the aftertaste. Overall a very refreshing summer tea!

Flavors: Rhubarb, Smooth, Tart

I like this very much as an iced tea. I cold brew in the refrigerator overnight in the Bee House pitcher. It is sweet, but not overly so. I don’t really get a rhubarb taste, but a bit of fruity flavor.

Iced 8 min or more

Dry this tea smells very sweet. Overpoweringly so. It brews up to a very light colored cup and the sweet smell is virtually gone leaving something that might be rhubarb. But it doesn’t really taste like anything. Maybe this is because I used a TeaDrop and it needs a bit more attention. I’ll take it home and see if that improves it any.

This tea took me by surprise. When I opened the package, I was a little unsure I would like it. The aroma was a mix of both pleasent, and a bit odd. However, once brewed, I was rather pleased. I did 3 brewings with the same leaves, and could have gotten a few more, I am sure. The first cupping was smooth and fruity, but not overpowering. The second cupping was milder, with a hint of sweetness. The third was similar to the second. Once totally cooled, I could tell this tea would be great iced.