Emperor's Clouds and Mist

Green Tea
Green Tea
Asparagus, Mineral, Spinach, Vegetal, Grass, Green, Sweet, warm grass, Seaweed, Umami, Sweet, Toasty, Wood, Astringent, Grain, Wet Rocks, Smoked, Carrot, Peat Moss, Plants, Soap, Butter, Straw, Broccoli, Moss
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Low
Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by Brian J Henry

From Teavana

Praised as ‘green gold’ for centuries, this smooth green tea with a lingering aftertaste was a favorite amongst Chinese Emperors for many dynasties. One bud and two leaves are handpicked at 3,500 feet elevation where the tea trees are always shrouded in clouds and mist. This pure green tea makes an excellent cup anytime of the day.

About Teavana View company

A good green tea never goes bitter, no matter the temperature of the water (Don’t believe me? Send me a message and I will refer you to some reputable sources to back up my claim). This tea fetches a price that says it will not go bitter. But alas, it gets bitter even if the temperature is slightly over 175 or whatever. What’s more, it doesn’t even taste as good as a bag of Celestial Seasonings Authentic green tea! I don’t understand why people would pay this much

It is clean, its perfect, its pure, the aftertaste is unbelievable. Its the tea that you have been looking for if what your looking for is a pure clean Chinese green tea

This tea blew me away, it has such a smooth aftertaste and a hint of honey that i adore

Light and smooth, very faintly fruity. This is one of my favorite “everyday” teas.

All the descriptions I’m reading sound lovely, but I hated this one! It tasted like hot spinach juice to me, although now that I’m reading others’ thoughts, I can also see asparagus and mineral flavors. I really didn’t get any subtlety from it, and really my nicest thing to say about it was that it wasn’t bitter at all. I do think I probably oversteeped it, but I don’t think that would make enough of a difference for me to want to try it again.

Flavors: Asparagus, Mineral, Spinach, Vegetal

Wasn’t a fan of this tea initially when trying it in the setting of Starbucks but using my employee markout on it has so far been a good decision. There are two green teas that are served hot at work with one featuring mint and the other EC&M.

EC&M tastes like a green tea would but with a subtle sweetness in the aftertaste. It has a slightly chalky mouth-feel to it but not in an unpleasant way— almost like drinking liquid smoke. If you’re looking for a tea with very little frills, this would be a good option.

Flavors: Grass, Green, Sweet, warm grass

A very palatable green, great for a relaxing beverage, but otherwise unexceptional considering the price. Vegetal, briney and round upfront with a pleasant underlying grassy sweetness.

Flavors: Asparagus, Seaweed, Sweet, warm grass, Umami

175 °F / 79 °C 1 min, 30 sec 5 g 4 OZ / 118 ML

Tasted like collard greens. Bitter, almost grassy taste. Smell wasn’t anything great.

I’ve worked at BuckStars for a while now and while I’ve tried many of the drinks, I had never gone thru the hot teas available. I’ve tried Samurai Chai from Teavanna, and since they make our teas I figured I’d like some of the options in our store. This one is definitely not a favorite.

Delicious if you like the taste of Matcha. Went perfectly with today’s blizzard.

I get this one when I go to Starbucks. There are two small tea bags tied together. I get the largest cup they have. I just leave it in the cup for a bit.

This is one of the best green teas ever. It is a flavourful green tea .