Emperor's Clouds and Mist

Green Tea
Green Tea
Grass, Seaweed, Umami, Vegetal, Wood, Astringent, Grain, Wet Rocks, Green, Toasty, Smoked, Asparagus, Carrot, Peat Moss, Spinach, Plants, Soap, Butter, Straw, Broccoli, Moss, Mineral
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Low
Fair Trade
Edit tea info Last updated by Brian J Henry

From Teavana

Praised as ‘green gold’ for centuries, this smooth green tea with a lingering aftertaste was a favorite amongst Chinese Emperors for many dynasties. One bud and two leaves are handpicked at 3,500 feet elevation where the tea trees are always shrouded in clouds and mist. This pure green tea makes an excellent cup anytime of the day.

About Teavana View company

A good green tea never goes bitter, no matter the temperature of the water (Don’t believe me? Send me a message and I will refer you to some reputable sources to back up my claim). This tea fetches a price that says it will not go bitter. But alas, it gets bitter even if the temperature is slightly over 175 or whatever. What’s more, it doesn’t even taste as good as a bag of Celestial Seasonings Authentic green tea! I don’t understand why people would pay this much

It is clean, its perfect, its pure, the aftertaste is unbelievable. Its the tea that you have been looking for if what your looking for is a pure clean Chinese green tea

This tea blew me away, it has such a smooth aftertaste and a hint of honey that i adore

Light and smooth, very faintly fruity. This is one of my favorite “everyday” teas.

Delicious if you like the taste of Matcha. Went perfectly with today’s blizzard.

I get this one when I go to Starbucks. There are two small tea bags tied together. I get the largest cup they have. I just leave it in the cup for a bit.

This is one of the best green teas ever. It is a flavourful green tea .

A medium-bodied green tea that tastes very vegetal, leaning towards steeped laver or seaweed. The savory, grassy notes disappear as soon as they hit your tongue, but are unmistakably there.

For fans of Chinese greens, this is not a disappointing experience. It is homey, almost eerily familiar except for a stronger seaweed-ish pull on the palate. It’s comforting and warm. But it is by no means spectacular or even particularly special.

Brewed correctly, this tea may be served with no fear of embarrassment to guests seeking a plain green to sip on. Even by so-called tea aficionados, this will smooth on the palate and inoffensive.

But it is not particularly complex, and is rather one-dimensional in taste. Therefore it is best to reserve this tea for nights when a comforting green tea is drunk in abundance to pull one through an arduous task such as studying, rather than to drink it for sheer gustatory pleasure.

Flavors: Grass, Seaweed, Umami, Vegetal, Wood

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

Emperor’s cloud and mist is an interesting green that with distinct mineral flavors that border upon being spicy. It is also quite toasty (like toasted grains, and a bit floral (light colored flowers if that makes any sense) and naturally sweet with brown sugar notes. It is thin – medium bodied, and it will taste a bit astringent if brewed too hot.

Flavors: Astringent, Grain, Umami, Wet Rocks

3 g 3 OZ / 75 ML

My first true loose leaf tea. Take review with a grain of salt. I really enjoy this tea, but don’t necessarily know how it compares to other teas.

After the third steep, hints of citrus appear and the depth of flavor is greatly reduced, as is the “toastiness”. I prefer the taste of the first two steeps.

Edit: This is still my favorite tea, but I can tell that it is of lower quality now that I have tasted reserve teas. If there were a reserve version of this tea, it would get a 95+ rating.

Flavors: Green, Toasty

My favorite green tea; smoky, astringent, and maybe a little bit sweet. A heavenly, relaxing tea that is the perfect de-stressor. First time I tried it I was blown away, and I’m still in love. The loose leaves are definitely expensive, but I think it’s worth trying at least once.

Flavors: Astringent, Grass, Smoked, Vegetal