Earl Grey Creme

Black Tea, Marigold Petals, Natural And Artificial Flavouring
Bergamot, Vanilla, Flowers, Fruity, Honey, Sweet, Citrus, Cream, Creamy, Earth, Chocolate, Wet Earth, Floral, Perfume, Smooth, Butter, Tannic, Anise, Tannin, Orange, Astringent, Sour, Drying, Earl Grey, Gardenias, Orange Zest, Tea
High
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Compared to the Earl Grey from Lupicia, I think that this one is less well balanced when by itself. I like to use 2 tsp. of this with 1 tsp. of the French Vanilla Assam (from 52teas) in 500 ml....” Read full tasting note
  • “Michelle packed a potent packet of this in a pouch of precious prizes (sorry—-y’all know me and alliterations). Wordplay notwithstanding, I think this is my favorite EG blend to date. Heavy on the...” Read full tasting note
  • “Decupboarding this now because I’ve only got about a teaspoon left, so if I don’t do it now, I’ll forget to :) Last night I coldbrewed this in the fridge. I don’t think I’ve ever done that with an...” Read full tasting note
  • “Made a gallon of this iced using the hot brew method:1TBSP to 16oz hot water and then chilled it overnight. I’ve been trying to “use up” this tea, as it was the first I bought, and I’ve found much...” Read full tasting note

From Teavana

A smooth and rich combination of classic Earl Grey black tea and Bergamot oil with a touch of dairy-free creaminess coming from the vanilla pieces and cream flavoring added.

How to Prepare
Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 195-205 degrees and steep tea for 2-3 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.
Ingredients:
Traditional blend of Earl Grey black tea with bergamot oil, blue cornflowers, vanilla pieces and cream flavoring (dairy-free). (by Oolonga)

Ingredients from the envelope label: Black tea, natural & artificial flavoring, marigold petals. (By SJBP)

About Teavana View company

I was embarrassed the other day when looking at my cupboard and discovered how many of those teas I haven’t reviewed yet. My problem is that I usually put fairly cryptic notes in a spreadsheet, and after I’ve tried a tea a few times I try to clean up the prose and write it up for steepster. Unfortunately, teas often fall through the cracks. This tea is a poster child for my poor work habits. I am finally sipping down an old, reliable friend.

I’m usually lukewarm on Earl Grey teas, but find the added vanilla to be the perfect touch. The tea is strong, yet creamy. None of the flavors are overdone: you can easily taste the tea, the Bergamot, and the vanilla. The result, however, is more than the sum of the parts.

gmathis

Don’t worry about the prose. You can generally communicate what needs to be said in three or four well-considered adjectives :)

Thank you to Kyla for sharing this tea with me! I love classic Earl Grey and I’m also a pretty big fan of vanilla-flavored tea. So (in theory at least) a cream Earl Grey should be the perfect blend for me. But this is the third one I’ve tried and I really haven’t loved any of them. For some reason, the flavors never quite meld right for me. The bergamot in this one is strong and assertive and combined with the vanilla, it just makes it taste like the vanilla has somehow gone sour. It also has a fair bit of astringency to it, but it mellows nicely with a splash of milk. I think I will be passing this one on to another Earl Grey loving friend. Still grateful for the opportunity to try it, though!

Flavors: Astringent, Bergamot, Cream, Sour, Vanilla

Fragrance is lovely – strong but not overly perfume-y. It is a decent black tea, and the flavors don’t feel overly artificial. It doesn’t feel too tannic, although I do get that dry mouth, astringent feeling afterwards that Earl Greys in particular seem to leave me with. I don’t get a vanilla flavor, but truly more of a cream flavor – just kind of a softening and mellowing of the harshness that can be in an Earl Grey without a real change in the flavor. It’s good enough, but just isn’t very thrilling. It wasn’t quite strong enough, although by brewing “rules” it should have been fairly strong. The flavors are all…fine…but nothing special or complex. I’ll drink it, and would be willing to buy it again, but will be very open to something better. And yes, I have gardenias in my tasting notes. That’s not quite the right choice, but maybe someone else will know what I mean.

Flavors: Bergamot, Cream, Drying, Earl Grey, Gardenias

The dry tea is uniform black full leaf with dried yellow marigold petals and has a malty, woody aroma with vanilla and bergamot orange. In the cup the tea’s aroma has less bergamot and almost no vanilla. The taste is weak, thin on the tongue at 1.5 teaspoon per cup, and unbalanced, with the bergamot washing out the vanilla. It has a mildly salty taste, is pleasingly astringent, tangy, and mildly sweet, with an annoyingly strong and prolonged bergamot finish. Afterward I felt energized but distracted by the lingering bergamot on my palate. Value: $0.20 per six ounce cup. Location and circumstances of growth and production unknown.

Flavors: Bergamot, Floral, Vanilla

This was my first tea from Teavana. Tastes sweeter than the average earl grey cream, but nonetheless very tasty. I love sipping on this during the winter (as with most black teas), but I had this today iced with some milk and honey. Tastes amazing! Feels like the winter.

2 tsp

I found this tea to be very delightful. Unlike other Earl Grey teas I have tried, the bergamot is not as strong. It also has a creme finish which is very enjoyable. I’ll be stocking this one in my cupboard :)

I just wonder if there is another black tea that tastes similar without the bergamot and just the cream?

T&C TTB 11/23

I first made this as a latte with a pump of cheesecake syrup. I thought it was a genius idea until I tried it, something was not right. I think next time I will try it with a strait Earl. I also tried this hot and the memories of the cheesecake latte came back so I decided to wait a few days. Today I made it iced and truly enjoyed it, I got mostly creamy vanilla. I look forward to trying other EGC iced this summer.

Thanks carol who for sharing :)

Great! This is a fairly sweet earl grey and the vanilla is quite obvious. Just my kind of flavours.

Flavors: Vanilla

Bergamot just isn’t my thing. I do prefer the “crème” blend to a traditional Earl Grey, but I still wouldn’t go out of my way to consume this tea. It came in a box set I got for Christmas. I finished the cup and didn’t mind it, but wouldn’t rush to go buy more.
The nice thing with the “crème” is it adds a sweet/creaminess that is very subtle. Makes the liquor a little more smooth on the palat.

Let me start by saying I waaayyyy overleaped this poor baby. I changed my mind about the tea I wanted. I put the leaves EG in a bowl. Later I came back to make the EG, but I forgot how much EGI had put in the Brevile. Tea for 500ml?750?1000? Well I put in an extra scoop and the rest is history. OK, really awful! So now I’ve done a resteep in a 1000ml of water. This is better but still not as good asI had hoped. I enjoy bergamot and there is just not enough for me. I don’t really taste the Creme at all. I’ll drink it or trade it but I won’t buy any more.