Earl Grey Creme

Black Tea, Marigold Petals, Natural And Artificial Flavouring
Bergamot, Vanilla, Flowers, Fruity, Honey, Sweet, Citrus, Cream, Creamy, Earth, Chocolate, Wet Earth, Floral, Perfume, Smooth, Butter, Tannic, Anise, Tannin, Orange, Astringent, Sour, Drying, Earl Grey, Gardenias, Orange Zest, Tea
High
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Compared to the Earl Grey from Lupicia, I think that this one is less well balanced when by itself. I like to use 2 tsp. of this with 1 tsp. of the French Vanilla Assam (from 52teas) in 500 ml....” Read full tasting note
  • “Michelle packed a potent packet of this in a pouch of precious prizes (sorry—-y’all know me and alliterations). Wordplay notwithstanding, I think this is my favorite EG blend to date. Heavy on the...” Read full tasting note
  • “Decupboarding this now because I’ve only got about a teaspoon left, so if I don’t do it now, I’ll forget to :) Last night I coldbrewed this in the fridge. I don’t think I’ve ever done that with an...” Read full tasting note
  • “Made a gallon of this iced using the hot brew method:1TBSP to 16oz hot water and then chilled it overnight. I’ve been trying to “use up” this tea, as it was the first I bought, and I’ve found much...” Read full tasting note

From Teavana

A smooth and rich combination of classic Earl Grey black tea and Bergamot oil with a touch of dairy-free creaminess coming from the vanilla pieces and cream flavoring added.

How to Prepare
Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 195-205 degrees and steep tea for 2-3 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.
Ingredients:
Traditional blend of Earl Grey black tea with bergamot oil, blue cornflowers, vanilla pieces and cream flavoring (dairy-free). (by Oolonga)

Ingredients from the envelope label: Black tea, natural & artificial flavoring, marigold petals. (By SJBP)

About Teavana View company

My usual morning cuppa, doesn’t require sweeteners but opens up better with a little raw honey or stevia leaves. I tend to like the rounded milky/creamy flavor of this EG as it softens the tea without having to add any milk/cream but doesn’t overpower the bergamot either.

If I want more bergamot I’ll switch to something like The Des Lords (Palais des thes) or Earl Grey Imperial (Mariage Freres), if I want something a little sweeter and more vanilla then the Tea Merchant’s French Earl Grey hits the spot. But for an easily purchased (local Teavana shop) and relatively inexpensive EG this is my daily drinker. I have also found it blends well with some fruity teas and anything you want to add a bit of creaminess to, for example a blueberry rooibos or what I call “Earl Cocotang”, a blend of this with a coconut puerh and passionfruit herbal.

Flavors: Cream, Orange Zest, Tannin, Vanilla

Old, probably underleafed, but hitting the spot today with just a little bit of sugar. Thank God for work tea … especially when coffee is just not doing it.

I quite enjoy this in the mornings. I sweeten it and brighten up my mornings with this.

This is the best earl grey I have ever had. I am not a fan of most others, as it is very light on the bergamot. I don’t taste the creamy notes specifically, but I imagine it smooths out the bergamot for me. Normally, bergamot makes it taste almost soapy it is so sharply citrus. This was wonderful!

Having read terrible things about Teavana and their safety/quality control practices (particularly regarding carcinogenic pesticides in their tea leaves: read more here http://foodbabe.com/2013/08/21/do-you-know-whats-really-in-your-tea/), I’m not happy that this tea is made by Teavana.

That said, I do think this is a tasty Earl Grey…although I wish I the “creme” were stronger in it, and because it isn’t, I still prefer Republic of Tea’s “Earl Greyer”, which is more fragrant and so far I find it less bitter than Teavana’s EG Creme.

I don’t want to be too quick to judge this tea…I suspect I have yet to find the ideal preparation for it. I think when I get it tweaked just right, it will be even better.

Not a big Earl Grey fan, but this was subtle enough that it didn’t overwhelm my taste. I’m not particularly good with caffeine, and I found myself a tad jumpy after a couple cups of this. Definitely good in a travel mug to start your day off.

michelle-c

Cream of Earl Grey by DT is better than this sounds, have you tried it? It’s also medium caffeine (I’m sensitive too & don’t mind it). I mixed half & half of it with regular DT earl grey & that was awesome.

I picked this one up a few months ago while browsing for a gift for my mom. I’ve had an odd fixation with Twinings Earl Grey the past year and I thought I’d indulge my taste buds with this fellow.

I’d be interested in seeing how it differs from other EG Cremes as other reviews say that the bergamot is particularly strong. I don’t think it’s THAT strong although you can taste it.

Not a bad cup of tea by any means. The creaminess makes it almost seem that milk is present although I never put milk in my EG. Yummy.

A nice change.

I really enjoyed this tea. I was afraid the vanilla would be too much, but it is just right. It almost has a just a hint of chocolate to me. Good balance. I used 1 1/2 tsp for 16 oz and steeped twice.

I have to agree with one of the tasters bellow. Lupecia does seem to have a upper hand with their Earl Grey. I can’t put my finger on it but it seemed a touch less bitter. Maybe it was of a better harvest? Still not bad and has a nice twist on a classic.

Good morning, I prove the tea and taste very good, the flavor of bergamot is presence with the black tea and vainilla, is smooth.