Pumpkin Spice Brulee

Oolong Tea
Allspice, Artificial Flavouring, Carob Pieces, Chicory Root, Chocolate Flakes, Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger Pieces, Milk, Nutmeg, Oolong Tea, Pumpkin Pieces, Pumpkin Seeds, White Chocolate Bits
Chocolate, Cinnamon, Oats, Pumpkin, Spices, Caramel, Clove, Ginger, Nuts, Peppercorn, Spicy, Sugar, Sweet, Nutmeg, Cloves, Cocoa, Cream, White Chocolate, Creamy, Natural Pumpkin Spice Flavor, Coffee, Vanilla, Carrot, Toffee, Cedar, Molasses, Autumn Leaf Pile
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “Sipdown. I am being teased by the faintest whispers of spice. It’s warm and comforting, but I wish I could actually taste. Drunk with almond milk. :) 3 min at 185F” Read full tasting note
  • “And that’s a sipdown (82) for this oolong as I drink my re-steeped cup of it. I enjoyed it – the spices were actually a little different from most of the pumpkin teas I’ve had, although it’s more...” Read full tasting note
  • “I was out near a Teavana and remembered that I wanted to get a to-go cup of this one to try it out. It sounded promising for a Teavana blend, and every once in a while they come out with a blend...” Read full tasting note
  • “I had high hopes for this tea but a) it actually was .98 per 2 oz more than the tin said which made me really mad and b) it doesn’t taste nearly as good as its ingredients would lead you to...” Read full tasting note

From Teavana

A bountiful harvest of sweetness and spice, this warming oolong is an impeccable accompaniment to crisp autumn days. A balanced swirl of rich pumpkin and flavors of caramel, toffee, butterscotch, and creamy vanilla, this rich and smooth cup is a sublime indulgence for the body and mind any time of day.

Richly sweet and creamy white and dark chocolate meets sweet pumpkin and toffee flavors, an undertone of sweet spice and mocha

About Teavana View company

This is a good pumpkin spice tea – however I have had better but I’ve also had worse..so there’s that. :P

I was a bit disappointed at the lack of actual oolong tea in the bag. After searching all I could see were little chopped up bits of leaves and barely any at that. I’m used to big leafy oolongs so I found this strange.

I will be trying a second steep but for the lack of actual tea in this tea I think it will be pretty watery. =/

I’ve had a lot of pumpkin flavoured beverages this fall, but this one is my absolute favourite. The pumpkin flavor is deep and intense. Pumpkin isn’t all that flavorful to begin with, so in this tea its about as flavorful as pumpkin can really be. The spice is subtle and perfect. The tea is also pretty sweet, making it taste more like pumpkin pie!

Absolutely fantastic, I wouldn’t change a thing!

The combination of pumpkin spice and chocolate is interesting. I don’t hate it, but I don’t love it either. Something in this blend reads like oatmeal on my palate. Alas, this is another hyped up tea that’s mostly pumpkin spice with no discernible pumpkin flavor. I probably wouldn’t mind it so much had the pumpkin spice been tempered by just white chocolate and more vanilla, but the chocolate/carob throws off my taste buds. It’s not terrible but it’s not something I’ll be repurchasing when I’m done with my 2 ounces.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Oats

Aww yissss pumpkin spice with chocolate! I went to Teavana for this specifically. They had it as a sample in the store so I was glad I got to make sure I liked it before buying the whopping 8oz bag they had.

I thought this was more of an infusion but the website tells me there’s oolong involved. Teavana is ALWAYS light on tea and heavy on chunks of other things so that’s not really surprising. It’s not very clear when steeped but don’t let that bother you.

Fall in a cup. I absolutely love this tea and I try to stock up during their sales.

Flavors: Pumpkin

1 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

Sampled this in store and liked it, so I bought one of their pre filled tins. I find that the brew is slightly cloudy. It wasn’t cloudy in store. It is fairly tasty with a number of different notes present. There is pumpkin, nutmeg, and clove definitely. There is also a note of spices and I think caramel too. This tea has a lot of complex flavors. The main problem I have with this tea is it was overpriced at $40 for 6 oz.

I brewed this one time in a 16oz Teavana Glass Perfect Tea Maker/Gravity Steeper with 3 tsp leaf and 190 degree water for 3 min.

OrthodoxCuppa

I like Teavana, but I agree that many of their blends are really OP. $40 for 6 oz., is way more than I would like to pay.

Yuck. The pumpkin spice is very evident in both the aroma and flavour of this tea, but nonetheless this was not a fun cup to drink. I’m used to liking most pumpkin-flavoured things, so this tea was somewhat of an impulse buy. However, I think I’ll stick to pumpkin spice lattes, scones, muffins, etc. in the future. Speaking of lattes, I think I need to prepare the remainder of this tea with milk each time.

Flavors: Pumpkin, Spices

I can not taste the oolong base unfortunately, but I really like the spice combination and the caramel sweetness. I can taste pepper, mace?, allspice, cinnamon, ginger, and maybe clove? Very complex and there are a lot of undertones of sweetness, spicy, vanilla, and caramel. I also forgot to take the leaves out and it never got bitter or astringent. However it did turn very dark, so I’m guessing this is a medium or dark oolong.

Flavors: Caramel, Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger, Nuts, Peppercorn, Spices, Spicy, Sugar, Sweet

This can kind of be a hit or miss depending on the day it seems. Sometimes I’m drinking this like it’s going out of style, some days it just tastes like someone stirred pumpkin spice in hot water. I wish the oolong was a little more prevalent, but overall I really enjoy this tea. It needs to be steeped at least 5 minutes for me and you have to shake the bag to evenly distribute everything other wise it can either be too spicy or too weak. I got 250g of this on sale during boxing week and it will probably take a while for me to get through it, but overall it’s a nice, spicy tea that’s great with milk and sugar on a cold day.

Flavors: Pumpkin, Spicy