Raspberry Riot Lemon Mate

Fruit Herbal Yerba maté Blend
Apple Pieces, Citric Acid, Green Yerba Mate, Hibiscus Flowers, Lemongrass, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Raspberry, Rose Buds, Rose Hip Peels
Earth, Hibiscus, Lemon, Raspberry, Astringent, Berry, Citrus, Fruity, Tart, Drying, Berries, Dust, Lemon Zest
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

2 Images

• “So I think going to the mall went well. I’ll give you no guesses as to where I was going. Since as you can see mall pretzel turned into this and 2 oz of Anjou Pear-adise since I’ve been dreaming...” Read full tasting note
  • “I see Teavana has free shipping, so I decided to sit down and give RRLM a shot in hot tea mode before I make an order. I’ve done this tea iced a couple times and it is amazing! STEEPED: Deep red...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’ve only had bagged mates before, and I wasn’t overly impressed. I basically concluded that if the choice was between mate and actual tea, I could see no reason to choose mate. So this is...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is a tea that is hard for me to review… Why? Well, I had it hot and thought it was absolutely awful. So bad that I forgot about it (or tried to forget about it) for a really long time. This...” Read full tasting note

From Teavana

Bright and crisp raspberries enhanced with refreshing lemon citrus

A riot of fruity flavors – bright fruity raspberry meets zesty, zingy lemon creating an unforgettable twist on lemonade. The explosion of phenomenal fruit flavors are complemented by high-grade maté, red and golden delicious apple slices, and peppy lemon zest. Bold, brash, tart and terrific, it’s outstanding served over ice.

Ingredients: Apple pieces, hibiscus flowers, rose hip peels, green maté, raspberries,lemongrass, apple slices, natural and artificial flavoring, rosebuds, raspberry pieces, citric acid

How To Steep
3 Perfectea Scoops – Scoop loose leaf tea into infuser.
205°F – Heat fresh (preferably filtered) water.
8 fl oz – Pour water over sachet in cup.
5 min – Stay close to this steep time for optimal flavor.
1 steep

Blends Well With
Youthberry White Tea
Dragonfruit Devotion Herbal Tea

About Teavana View company

I made some tea syrup with this to make tea pop.
2 heaping tablespoons
~1.5 oz
stevia to make syrup sweet
Boil together ~3 minutes, and then steep another 5 minutes. Resteeped 3 times and all poured into mason jar for storing.

This makes a delicious tea pop. The tartness goes perfectly with the carbonation, I think that’s what a lot of my previous tea pops have been missing. A little pucker to match with the bubbly and make a more authentic pop. A think this is my favorite tea pop to date. I know how I’ll be using up the rest of this!

You know you are preoccupied when you find your pitcher full of tea and water “cold brewing” in the kitchen cabinet instead of the refrigerator! Kind of makes me wonder where other things will show up.

The tea is a lovely tartness with some well balanced lemon. Tarter than a raspberry lemonade would be. Nice for this summer day!

Flavors: Lemon, Lemon Zest, Raspberry

Mandy

I almost put a jug of milk in the pantry earlier. Oops xD

Jennkay

Haha, I’ve been doing a lot of cold brewing lately, so I’m just waiting for that to happen to me, too.

A delectable iced tea! I haven’t tried it hot, but it hits the spot for a nice summer day when iced.
The raspberry comes through very strong, with just enough lemon without being overpowering. To some the strong taste may come across as artificial, but not to me. It has a very fresh quality to it.
I like my tea with a strong pop of flavor, so I generally put in a tad more than the recommended amount and steep it for 6 minutes, then add some Truvia afterwards. I’d tried raw sugar, but it didn’t sweeten it enough for my taste. (Iced tea is supposed to be sweet and flavorful. It’s one of the key rules to life happiness. Duh.)
Overall, fruity and pleasing. It makes me think of a bright summer day just from a single taste. :)

Flavors: Berries, Lemon Zest

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Ok. I don’t consider myself ‘girly’, as my wardrobe is mostly black, and I feel fancy if I’m not wearing the same Doctor Who shirt two days in a row ….
But, sometimes I don’t mind a little bit of pretty. :)
This is another one sent to me by the wonderful Carol Who, and I found it to be really delightful. Gorgeous whole flower buds, colourful apple slices, and bold raspberry pieces….just a really pretty tea.
I loved the taste, too… fruity and zingy, but not hibiscus-like in any way (which is what I’m always nervous about with reddish hued teas….). I can really see how this would be great cold.
Thanks again, Carol!

I really like this tea iced, but I do find that, as with most mates, it can get a little grassy if I over steep it even a little bit. That being said, the raspberry and the lemon are a nice combo and it is a nice light iced tea.

I opened up this pouch not really knowing what to expect and was smacked in the face by a very strong, acidic and artificial raspberry scent. The blend is very pretty: chunks of fruit, small rosebuds, lemongrass and mate. As this tea steeps, I wonder if this would be better as an iced tea, but it’s too late now.. I’m going to have this hot first!

This blend brews a very pretty crimson cup. The scent becomes much more of a mix instead of individual ingredients now. It reminds me of a Celestial Seasonings fruit blend… not one in particular as they all sort of melt together for me. Sipping… hmm, I was expecting more hibiscus. This isn’t to say that it’s not there.. It’s the strongest note, actually… but I was thinking that there would be way more hibiscus to the point where it would cover everything else. I can still taste a sweet raspberry in the background, similar to a raspberry lemonade. I do pick up on the lemongrass and mate towards the end of the sip, but they really just add a general “herbal” note to the finish. I can tell that this will be a nice tea for when I need something tart, fruity and a little bit sweet.

Sipdown!

Cold steeped the last 5 ish teaspoons I had of this and said goodbye to my first mate purchase.

It was probably not my best idea to drink this right after brushing my teeth, but ehhh

Cold steeping for 8 hours heightened the raspberry and brought out more citrus from the lemon, but enhanced the flavor of the mate as well. If I end up getting this again someday I’ll tweak the time and see if that helps.

Brews up an absolutely gorgeous color and made for a nice morning sip.

Flavor notes: Raspberry, grass, lemon

Iced 8 min or more 5 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I’ve only had it hot, but this tea is VERY bitter. I’ve heard it’s better iced, so maybe I’ll try it again. The leaves smell great and when it is steeped it’s a beautiful color.

Overall, not one of my favorites and probably won’t purchase again. Have to add way more sugar than I’d like to get the desired flavor.

A morning favourite for me, hot or cold.
I have never liked coffee, but there are some mornings when I need something to help start the engine, in which case I don’t hesitate to reach for a cup of Raspberry Riot Lemon Mate.
I can really chug it back when it’s cold…it’s like a great tasting no consequence energy drink.
The tartness of the raspberry-lemon combo is more apparent when drank hot, though, a flavour my room mate tells me is rare and delicious.
Another great thing about it is how well it blends with other fruity/berry-y teas.
My favourite combo right now is this with the Raspberry Pineapple Luau White Tea.

This tea is really strong, so be sure to watch when you steep it. It may take a few tries to get it to the concentration that you like it. As for the taste, I think it’s absolutely fantastic! It’s very subtle-ly tangy, which I like. the lemon grass add the perfect amount of lemon to compliment the raspberry without being overwhelming.

It’s really great and it makes a fantastic iced tea! And it is also good sweetened a little. Happy steeping!