Samurai Chai Maté

Chai Green Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Anise, Artificial Flavouring, Candied Papaya, Candied Pinapple, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Coriander, Green Rooibos, Green Yerba Mate, Lemongrass, Orange Peels
Anise, Cinnamon, Citrus, Lemongrass, Grass, Passion Fruits, Pineapple, Sugar, Sweet, Coffee, Smooth, Orange, Coriander, Orange Zest, Peppercorn, Clove, Fruity, Spicy, Apple, Ginger, Spices, Wood, Cardamon, Floral
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle Szetela

2 Images

• “Thanks to Madeline Alyce for sending me a sample of this tea! I’ve been curious to try a few mates in the morning in hopes that they may WAKE ME UP! This reminds me a lot of Teavana’s white chai,...” Read full tasting note
  • “Pushing the rating up a bit. I think this is what lets the Masala I blend it with really shine…like a good coat of light primer to layer darker shades of paint on top of. On a related note though,...” Read full tasting note
  • “So this is the fourth and final tea from the gift pack I first talked about in this note: http://steepster.com/clareborn/posts/184829 Today is an important day; it’s Swedish Cinnamon Roll Day!...” Read full tasting note
  • “i’m addicted to the scent of this after a steep! couldn’t put the teapot down…and i wouldnt have if i didnt have to pour out the pot of MateVana (steeped them at the same time for comparison) even...” Read full tasting note

From Teavana

The way of the warrior is strength, skill, fairness, mercy, power, energy and balance. Our chai embodies this spirit with an invigorating green mate and green rooibos blend. Cinnamon, anise and cardamom blend with papaya, pineapple, orange and lemongrass – a combination to face every new day samurai-style.

Sweet and spicy infusion of cinnamon and citrus undertones with papaya.

About Teavana View company

This is a delicious chai! It’s super smooth and warm and has a lot of natural sweetness. I enjoy it both with and without milk. The spices are definitely present, but it’s not the tongue-numbing spiciness that I’ve found in Teavana’s newer chais. It’s also highly caffeinated, so it’s a great wake-me-up tea!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove, Fruity, Smooth, Spicy, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

My older brother and I tried this together, we both really enjoyed it! The Chai taste of spices, ginger, and cinnamon blended well with the Mate. It’s such a wonderful blend that you barely need any sweetener! A really, really tasty potpourri, reminds me a little bit of Christmas and a lot of camping in the woods =)

Very energizing too- not bouncing-off-the-walls energy, but a good, more natural pick-me-up for the afternoon.

—loose tea w/ infuser
—1 or 2 sugar cubes

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Ginger, Spices, Spicy, Wood

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 4 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I was a bit unsure about this tea when I bought it; I know I’ve had matés before but I had ambivalent experiences previously. This particular maté smelled lovely – slightly grassy, with cinnamon and floral overtones. Once brewed, this particular maté has a lovely cinnamony, spiced flavor, with very faint anise (licorice) and floral aromas. I had mine with honey, with added a nice depth to the predominant cinnamon and spiced flavors. I would order this again.

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Floral, Spices, Spicy

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea is definitely worth a try, but is not a favorite of mine. I received a free sample of this, and it smells enticing. The taste is similar to the smell: very fresh with fruit hints but without an overpowering ‘tropical’ palette. The chai flavors (cinnamon, anise, clove, etc.) are weak but do round out the tea. Steeps evenly with nice aromas.

2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

I don’t know whether I love or hate this tea – it has a lingering sweetness to it that its at the back of my tongue when I’m drinking it…but it has such a good chai flavor and spiciness to it…. I think this is one that I am going to save and drink hot when I’m in the mood for chai; it seems like it would be a better hot tea.

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea was sort of an impulse buy.

Like most Teavana teas it smells excellent, but also like most Teavana teas the taste doesn’t match the aroma. Not to say it’s bad and especially with the german rock sugar. Yeah, I bought some rock sugar to try out and the sugar is pleasant like most sugar is.

I can taste the pineapple and orange abet not that much, but that’s the only flavors I can discern. I almost want to get this tea again to try it more.

A bit heavy on the cinnamon, but I really enjoyed this tea and it was my daily go to for the first week I had it!

Barely recognizable as a chai. Super spicy with a sweet aftertaste. Tastes like cinnamon hearts. The spice seems to strengthen as it cools.

Not as spicy as the Maharaja Chai Oolong/Samurai Chai Mate Blend, but still too spicy for my liking.

This is a sweet and spicy blend that can stand alone without sugar or cream. If you want something especially sweet, though, adding a little bit of honey makes it tangy and helps smooth out the sharper spices that lie in this drink, without overwhelming them.