Lu Shan Yun Wu Green Tea

Green Tea
Green Tea Leaves
Nutty, Smooth, Sweet, Vegetal, Asparagus, Astringent, Bitter, Butter, Chestnut, Roasted, Salt, Soybean, Green Beans, Spinach, Toasted Rice, Peach, Tangy, Vegetables, Seaweed, Roasted nuts
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaVivre

• “All I can say is, wooooooooooooooow! I really enjoyed this tonight. We went to the Asian buffet and got take out. I had made two steeps of this before we left the house and poured it in my...” Read full tasting note
  • “I agree with the other reviews – this is good. What I really want to mention is this is the best example of why I love to use a clear glass vessel when I steep. The leaf is so interesting. It looks...” Read full tasting note
  • “Small, twisty dark green leaves with a nutty brewed aroma and pale green colour. Tastes sweet, and somewhat like spinach, green beans and nuts. Fresh and lively, sweet and nutty – very tasty and...” Read full tasting note
  • “It’s been a cold few days. Pups are very clingy heat leeches lately. :) THere’s nothing like a hot cup of tea on a cold day. It just warms you from the belly out. This is a particularly nice...” Read full tasting note

From Teavivre

Origin: Lushan Mountain (庐山) in Jiangxi Porvince, China

Ingredients: Pure tea leaves

Taste: brisk and refreshing, heavy sweet flavor with light roasted chestnut fragrance. Has sweet aftertaste and long-lasting brisk fragrance in your mouth

Health Benefits: Just like all green teas, our Lu Shan Yun Wu Green Tea has high levels of antioxidants that reputedly help reduce the incidence of cancer, promote good skin tone and help reduce the affects of aging. Also containing vitamin C, fluoride and calcium, TeaVivre’s TaiPing HouKui also promotes healthy teeth and bones.

About Teavivre View company

Do not underestimate Teavivre’s green tea options. I am frequently impressed by the quality and variety they offer, as well as the value. This specimen instantly became a new favorite of mine. I generally drink my Chinese green teas with off-boiling water, in a glass tumbler, continually refilling with water once the volume gets down to around the leaf level. This tea performs beautifully with that method, giving me hours of constant sipping without growing weak or bitter.

The leaves are wonderfully made and extremely consistent, exuding a soft, “green” and nutty scent. The flavor profile is just what I could want in a green tea. The major notes remind me of something like sweet peas and rye toast, later developing into somewhat creamy vanilla textures and a somewhat surprising depth. I heartily enjoy the lingering sencha-esque crispness, yet with that distinct Chinese green tea flavor brought on by the pan firing process. Far from being subtle, this is an excellent green for more casual drinking, compared to the subtleness of a Huang Shan Mao Feng.

Thanks Teavivre!

190 °F / 87 °C

Pale green, sweet roasted aroma. after few sips its kind of drying but very good sweet taste.it looks & smells similar to Verdant Laoshan Green.

wasn’t really a fan of this tea, because of the vegetal and bitter notes.

Another thanks goes to Angel of TeaVivre for this sample!

I’m starting to enjoy green teas more in the morning than I once did. There are some mornings (although few) when I don’t need to blast off into my day fueled by the robust butt-kicking black teas.

I opened the sample package of Lu Shan Yun Wu green tea and instantly noticed a fresh to-the-ground flavor. I steeped the short dark leaves for two minutes at 175 degrees instead of the recommended 176 degrees (my tea maker can only deal with increments of five degrees).

The brewed color was a pale golden green. The aroma was fresh and grassy.

My taste buds are currently somewhat challenged by the attack of Fall allergies. That may be why it took several gulps of this tea before the flavor began to get my attention. The taste was fresh and green with just a twinge of sweet. There was also a smidgen of sweetness in the mild aftertaste. As with all of TeaVivre’s teas that I have sampled or purchased, this tea was totally free of bitterness.

This is a fine fresh-tasting and slightly sweet green offering from TeaVivre. The flavor is light and tender. It is also so smooth and easy to sip that I found myself gulping it down quickly. That is a positive attribute because I have tried other teas (that will remain nameless) where my eight-ounce cup seemed to hold eight gallons and I struggled to coax them down my throat.

Water: 8oz at 180 degrees

Leaves: very fine tightly would leaves

Steep: 1m,2m,3m,4m

Aroma: Vegetable like/Sencha

Color: Light Greenish yellow

Taste: The first thing I noticed about this tea is that it looked & smelled similar to Verdant Tea’s Laoshan Green!! As I got ready to brew I used 1 tsp of tea leaves then added my hot water & steeped for 1m. Removing the lid off my pot really brought out the lovely aroma! The taste was very light and refreshing! Even with multiple infusions I never had any bitterness!

Buttery. This is my current favorite green tea.

Flavors: Butter

8 min or more 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

This tea has a nice body to it with a taste that is a little sweet and salty. The flavor is vegetal and has a little soup brothiness to it. All in all, it is an excellent green tea.

175 °F / 79 °C

One of my favourite greens from Teavivre – lovely vegetal green beany/umami flavour. Shared a pot with a friend a few weeks back, and it was delicious as always.

Thanks to Teavivre/Angel for the free sample :)

Ooo, this is lovely! The dry leaf is beautiful: slender, twisty silvery-green leaves with a rich, nutty fragrance. It brews up to a nice pale green color with plenty of nutty, vegetal flavor and a lingering sweet aftertaste. Smooth, sweet Chinese green teas are my absolute favorite and this is one of the best I’ve tried. I would definitely consider re-purchasing this one!

Flavors: Nutty, Smooth, Sweet, Vegetal

My second tasting of the day is Lu Shan Yun Wu green tea, also known as clouds and mists, and this is awesome. The leaves are tiny, deep green and blossom when put into the water. The first aroma that hit me was an intense buttery vegetal scent that made me not even want to wait for the steep.

A 30 second steep at 175 produced a clear light yellow green liquor that has a wonderful mouthfeel and a full strong buttery vegetal aroma and taste with a hint of asparagus. It also had slight sweet, astringent and bitter flavors as well, but none of them are overpowering.

The second infusion also at 30 seconds was a bit more intense in both sweetness and astringency, Im guessing the leaves needed to open up a bit more, as I found the second infusion more pleasing, but dont get me wrong the first was good as well.

I highly recommend this tea for people who have struggled with bitter greens as the bitterness and astringency are there, but are mild enough for even the most bitter adverse person.

Flavors: Asparagus, Astringent, Bitter, Butter, Sweet, Vegetal