Vanilla Spring Fruit Tea

Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaVivre

From Teavivre

Ingredients: Roselle, Grapes, Black Currants, Blueberry, Vanilla, Flavorings

Taste: An abundant flavour of blue berry and vanilla drink

Brew: 1-2 tablespoons for 17oz of water. Brew at 212 ºF (100 ºC) for 1 to 5 minutes

TeaVivre’s Fruit Tea’s make great, low calorie, caffeine-free, refreshing drinks for anytime of the day. Made only from carefully matched flower petals, dried fruit and berries, they all have high levels of vitamins and minerals and – most importantly – taste and smell great! They are all fantastic to drink either hot or iced.

About Teavivre View company

Heavy on the hibiscus, some grape, black current, raisin, candied fruit. Mostly hibiscus, though, and extremely tart. I added vanilla sugar because there is no vanilla at all in this, but the sugar wasn’t enough. No vanilla, too much hibiscus to really taste anything, not drinking hot or iced by itself. I’m pretty disappointing. I’ll be sticking to less sour teas in the future.

Flavors: Black Currant, Dried Fruit, Fruity, Grapes, Hibiscus, Raisins, Sour, Tart

Iced 8 min or more 3 g 17 OZ / 500 ML

Finished this sample off from teavvire. While it’s not a bad fruit tea – it IS on the hibby side, which a lot of folks won’t like. I don’t really get vanilla out of this and teavivre has a few better fruit teas that i prefer. Good to try, but i don’t need more of this.

I love how this is sweet and cake like with the vanilla but4 fresh and tart with the fruit. Awesome hot and cold.

Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Mmm, the dry leaf smells like blueberry fruit leather. I don’t get any vanilla from this but I really don’t care since all I want is a nice cold brew, vanilla or no vanilla. Flavour-wise, it’s tart, but not too tart, and it tastes like a mixture of different berries. Even though there are lots of blueberries in the leaf, it’s not what I’m only tasting. Rather, I swear I’m picking up on strawberry, maybe a little cherry, even. My mom especially tastes cherry.

Pretty good cold brew, if you ask me! I’m so glad I picked this as a sample. Many thanks to Teavivre for the experience! I’ll definitely have to order a full size next time.

Where vanilla? :(
I liked the corn flower blue fruit tea a lot more. This one lacks the sweet berry flavors. They are shy here. The roselle/hibiscus is strong. I don’t mind it chilled but not the best hot. Plus there’s no vanilla in the taste. I might take the cornflower blue and add vanilla bean to it.
Glad to have tried this though!
Thanks Teavivre.

Tea pop!

The dry leaf of this is full of huge dried berries. The smell is a pretty nice balance of vanilla and berry. Unfortunately, the vanilla doesn’t translate into the flavor. The flavor really resembles hibiscus. It’s pretty strong, so I steep for under 1 minute. The short steep brings out a teeny bit of the vanilla flavor. Still overwhelmingly berry and tart though.

So, I thought… tea pop! I use a small amount of leaf, probably about 1/2 teaspoon, and a small amount of boiling water, probably about 3 oz. Then I add 4-5 ice cubes and top it off with seltzer. Such an improvement over the hot brew! This is a nice non-chamomile herbal option for a hot evening.

Thank you to Angel at Teavivre for the samples!

Stephanie

Yum sounds good

Fruit teas are hard for me to review. They aren’t bad, but they often all have a very similar tart taste, as most use hibiscus or some other tart ingredient like that. This tea has that tart taste, but it also has a blueberry taste in it, and there is a touch of vanilla in it.

However, this tea doesn’t have as much of the flavours in it that I would like. The tartness is a little overpowering, and I don’t taste enough vanilla to consider it a vanilla tea in any way. It wasn’t bad at all, of course, it just wasn’t as flavourful as I’d like it, and it wasn’t my favourite tea.

I do think it may taste different cold though, so I am going to let it cool and then keep it in the fridge for a while. I’ll report back when I drink it cold.

Where is the hibiscus in this tea? Again this is like a cup of hibiscus but there’s no hibiscus in the blend. I thought I would really like this fruit tea but another fruit tea from Teavivre that I hate.

Angrboda

It’s roselle, latin name Hibiscus sabdariffa. I find rosehips give me the same nasty experience as hibiscus does.

Ubacat

Oh, so that’s what it is. I’ll be sure to avoid that one in the future too. Thanks for letting me know.