Xinhui Green Mandarin Orange Ripened Pu-erh Tea

Bulk
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaVivre

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I won this in Teavivre’s awesome giveaway… you win something every time you spin the wheel. Love it. So I won a sample package, a couple giftcards (one $10) and many reward points. This is...” Read full tasting note

From Teavivre

Origin:
Orange - Xinhui, Jiangmen City, Guangdong Province, China
Tea - Jinggu, Pu-erh City, Yunnan Province, China

Plucking Standard: One bud with one leaf and one bud with two leaves

Dry Leaf: Each piece is roughly 15 grams with greenish brown peel. The opening at the top is easy to remove the fruit flesh and the little hole at the bottom is convenient for drying, transforming and brewing.

Aroma: Refreshing fragrance of Mandarin Orange, aged flavor of ripened pu-erh tea and a little herbal fragrance.

Liquor: Bright red and heavy

Taste: Thick tea liquid with fruit flavor, Soft and smooth with cool afterwards and comfortable throat.

Tea Bush: Yunnan Large-leaf Tree

Tea Garden: Jiu Tai Po Tea Garden

Blended with mellow and thick ripened Pu-erh tea and natural fresh mandarin orange, this tea is a very unique Pu-erh tea drink.

About Teavivre View company

1 Tasting Note

I won this in Teavivre’s awesome giveaway… you win something every time you spin the wheel. Love it. So I won a sample package, a couple giftcards (one $10) and many reward points. This is probably the oddest tea I’ve ever seen. It’s a tiny green orange with a whole in the bottom and top filled with tea. However do they get the tea in the orange? (The tea in the sample pouch came wrapped in foil and taped together with a sticker.) The orange might look moldy, but Teavivre says it is just the sugars. You’re also supposed to steep the whole orange — which is fine because it is about 1 1/2 inches across anyway. I suggest pulling out some of the pu-erh into the infuser before steeping the whole orange, otherwise the pu-erh will have nowhere to expand within the orange. I would say the flavor doesn’t have much additional orange and the pu-erh also doesn’t have too much of actual pu-erh flavor either. I like a deep and dark pu-erh. The pu-erh crammed in this orange is fine… sweet and mild. But it isn’t my type of delicious pu-erh. It’s a very special presentation for a tea but the flavor is lacking in both the orange and the pu-erh itself. I love the idea of an orange flavored pu-erh, so I won’t give up searching for the perfect one.
Steep #1 // one whole orange for a full mug// 8 minutes after boiling // rinse // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 minute steep
Steep #3 // just boiled // half a mug // many minute steep

Mastress Alita

I’ve really been curious to try one of those orange pu-erhs as well, mainly because I like flavored teas and orange-flavored pu-erh sounds delicious. But I bought the Chorange (chocolate orange) Pu-erh from Adagio and it might be the grossest tea I’ve ever tried, it was fishy and dirty no matter what I tried, with a slight orange taste and no chocolate, so I’ve put off getting one of those stuffed oranges for the time being. Sounds a bit of a let-down if they don’t have much of an orange-flavor anyway. Good luck in that search for perfection!

tea-sipper

I think Adagio’s pu-erh has been my least favorite pu-erh in the past. I really don’t like it. So the problem might be Adagio’s pu-erh. Teavivre’s pu-erh is usually delicious!