Superfine Anxi Qing Xiang TieGuanYin Oolong Tea

Oolong Tea
Oolong Tea Leaves
Flowers, Cut grass, Floral, Freshly Cut Grass, Orchid, Orchids, Sweet, Sweet, warm grass
Sachet
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaVivre

From Teavivre

Producing area: Yunzhong Mountain, Anxi County, Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China

Picking Standards: One bud with two or three leaves

Dry tea: Hand-made, rolled into tight balls, dark-green in color

Aroma:Orchid and milky aroma

Liquid: Bright yellowish-green

Mouthfeel: Fragrance and mellow taste with a slight grassy flavor, a pleasant sweet aftertaste lingering and producing saliva.

Tree Bush: C. sinensis cv. Tieguanyin

Tea garden: An Shan high mountain ecological tea garden

Superfine Anxi Qing Xiang TieGuanYin Oolong Tea has delighted floral fragrance, mellow, sweet taste and long-lasted lingering charming aftertaste.

About Teavivre View company

august 21/17 im sure this is good for what it is, but im just not a big green oolong guy. this is so floral.

Flavors: Flowers

7 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

Another sample from Teavivre, the first oolong I’ve tried!

I always approach oolong thinking I am not a fan, but I forget that I have always enjoyed the green type, but not the roasted/dark sort. Not sure of the terminology for that, sorry.

This tea was packed amazingly well, and when I opened it the bag was full of little rolly twirly balls of oolong. I made a cup at work, and it was nice to watch it all unravel as it steeped.

I really enjoyed this. It’s floral and sweet and I was struck by how “creamy” it tasted. A nice thick mouthfeel. I never thought I’d say this about an unflavoured oolong, but I might have to put this one on my wishlist!

So glad to get to try all of these delicious teas!

As I was drinking this one I thought I should probably quit my job and move to China and beg someone at Teavivre to teach me everything about tea and give me a job :)

So, I guess that means this is quite the tea!

TeaVivre

haha, welcome come to China!

Sample from Angel
Backlog

I had a very quick session with this at home yesterday and have the rest of the leaf cold brewed for this afternoon at work. I’ve been too busy these days (and lazy when I’m not busy) to write a lot of reviews on the tea which I’ve been drinking. I started tea-ing a lot with friends, painting, writing, or working on Grad school stuff; which has been distracting me by allowing me to avoid the computer.

Notes: A very nutty/floral body throughout the tea.

This was definitely a wonderful delight to be had during my time before work yesterday. I’m sure it has bloomed well over night in cold water, too. My coworkers are noticing that I’ve been drinking more tea at my cubicle lately, so they’re always curious what each day will bring in my tea adventures. I would share this with them, but considering they’re all huge “Coffee Fuel Only” types, I’m sure this wouldn’t impress them as much…? One never knows…..

This is another sample courtesy of TeaVivre. Great care is put into the packaging of this tea even as a sampler form. It’s vacuum sealed in plastic and then wrapped in a foil bag. So there’s a lovely freshness that comes with brewing it. The aroma is a pretty floral like a bouquet of fresh cut flowers. TeaVivre identifies the aroma as orchid and milky. The flavour also has a sweet grass undertone along with the flowery flourish. Very enjoyable! Got several steeps from it too, although I didn’t go all the way up to the 7 steeps TeaVivre notes. Of the oolong samples I received from TeaVivre, this was my favourite.

Flavors: Cut grass, Floral, Flowers, Freshly Cut Grass, Orchid, Orchids, Sweet, Sweet, warm grass

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 7 g 12 OZ / 355 ML