Lychee Black Tea

Black Tea Leaves, Lychee
Lychee, Rose
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaVivre

• “062/365 This has to be the strongest, juciest lychee tea I’ve ever had the pleasure of drinking. Like lychee juice, only with the added joy of black tea. If you like lychee as a flavour, you really...” Read full tasting note
  • “Wow, this stuff packs a serious lychee wallop. If someone took the essence of lychee and distilled it into tea, I imagine this is what it would taste like. The aroma out of the bag is...” Read full tasting note
  • “Aromatic tea with a cozy, homey taste. It re-steeps well. Lychee tea is one of the best flavored teas in my opinion, on par with jasmine and rose petals. Will order again.” Read full tasting note

From Teavivre

Origin:
Black Tea – Panxi Town, Fuding City, Fujian Province, China
Lychee – Qingyuan City, Guandong Province, China

Plucking Standard:One bud with two leaves and one bud with three leaves

Dry Tea: Even in shape and jet black in color

Aroma: Strong lychee flavor

Liquor: Bright orange

Taste: Strong lychee flavor, taste soft and smooth, sweet and mellow.

Tree Bush: Fuding Cai Cha

Tea Garden: Chixi Tea Garden (800 meters above sea level)

Caffeine: Less than 40% of a cup of coffee

Lychee black tea is made in the process of baking the fresh lychees into dried ones, using the Gongfu black tea as material and smoking them together under long-time low temperature. The tea tastes sweet, mellow and smooth with pleasant lychee aroma. While brewing, you can add other materials based on your own taste, like: lemon, rose, milk, honey and so on. Furthermore, in the hot summer, a cup of iced DIY lychee black tea is also a nice choice.

About Teavivre View company

062/365

This has to be the strongest, juciest lychee tea I’ve ever had the pleasure of drinking. Like lychee juice, only with the added joy of black tea. If you like lychee as a flavour, you really need to try this one! The base tea is deliciously smooth and moderately malty, and then there’s just lychee. Sweet, ever-so-slightly tart, but really spot-on flavour accurate. I can see this one being seriously good iced in the summer.

Lychee for days!

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
Kittenna

Oooh, a lychee tea with a good solid base sounds really interesting!

Wow, this stuff packs a serious lychee wallop. If someone took the essence of lychee and distilled it into tea, I imagine this is what it would taste like. The aroma out of the bag is intoxicating and very powerful. I had a feeling the flavor would be similarly powerful and I was right. This is a very, very sweet tea. It tastes like drinking fruit juice. As it continues steeping, it develops a very perfumey quality that reminds me of rose water and oddly enough, Indian paan masala (a concoction of betel leaf and areca).

I grandpa steeped this in a 10oz glass teapot with just 1.3g of leaf. But this tea is so potent that even this small amount of leaf gave a ton of flavor. As much as I enjoyed the lychee flavoring, I felt it dominated the tea. Next time, I’ll blend this with straight black to balance out the lychee.

Flavors: Lychee, Rose