Organic Da Hong Pao (Big Red Robe) Oolong Tea

Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Kawaii433

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This medium baked, medium roasted Da Hong Pao had long dark and glossy brown strips. The wet leaves aroma is just lovely. It smells so good. I don’t want to put the lid down (I smell the lid vs an...” Read full tasting note

From Teavivre

Organic Da Hong Pao belongs to medium backed Oolong tea, same as organic Shui Xian, which gives distinct baked aroma to dry leaves. Its fresh materials come from high tea-mountains, manually harvested in the spring. Resorting to years of experience and traditional craftsmanship, veteran tea masters control the degree of roasting based on the tea’s characteristics to present a cup of scented and mellow Da Hong Pao. Tasting it, a noticeable baked aroma can be detected on the first brewing, followed by a pleasant floral flavor interweaving with each other and lingering in mouth. The liquid of this tea is mellow and soft, with a tea fragrance giving off from the cup. Feeling the mellow of Shui Xian and the fragrance of Rou Gui from this tea is also a delight as well at leisure.

About Teavivre View company

1 Tasting Note

This medium baked, medium roasted Da Hong Pao had long dark and glossy brown strips. The wet leaves aroma is just lovely. It smells so good. I don’t want to put the lid down (I smell the lid vs an aroma cup). The roasted aroma, along with slight floral notes, had cinnamon and hints of dark chocolate. The deep orange-red colored liquor had a roasted aroma.

I found it to be a very relaxing tea, comforting as it is soft, smooth, mellow. As you sip it, you can enjoy the smell of the wonderful roasted aroma which significantly adds to the enjoyment of this tea. It has a nice slightly sweet finish. It is not astringent nor bitter throughout the entire 9 steeps.

I really like this blend so much better than their regular Da Hong Pao which is also good. I only had this one sample so I will definitely order more to duplicate this experience. Sometimes with me, its the mood. I loved the flavors, the roasted nuts, dark chocolate, light floral and cinnamon notes. Their blend of Shui Xian and Rou Gui had the orchid-like flavor of Shui Xian and the slight cinnamon aroma of the Rou Gui.

Yixing teapot, 8g, 140ml, 212°F, rinse, 9 steeps, 20s, 25s, 30s, 35s, 40s, 45s, 50s, 55s, 60s

Flavors: Cinnamon, Dark Chocolate, Floral, Roasted nuts, Smooth, Sweet