Yu Luo (Snail) Jasmine Green Tea

Green Tea
Green Tea, Jasmine Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by ashmanra

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Teavivre has closed temporarily to protect employees and customers from the novel Coronavirus, but their US Warehouse is still open. You can still order from the US stash if you are in the US so I...” Read full tasting note

From Teavivre

For jasmine-scented tea, the most attractive thing is its fragrance. In the unique scenting processes that grant the tea this fragrance, the fresh jasmine flowers are mixed with the tea leaves so that the leaves absorb the soft, sweet aroma, which mixes wonderfully with the natural mellow taste of the tea itself.

The aroma of this Snail Yu Luo green tea is rich and natural, comfortable and relaxing. The floral fragrance melts throughout the tea liquid so that when we drink it, we can definitely feel its cooling sweetness; the material of this tea is one bud with one leaf, resulting in a thick, mellow brew capable of lasting through many infusions. Best of all, this tea can be enjoyed at almost any time during the day.

Craft: Yi Ti (一提, known as Ti Hua)
As well as being scented five times with jasmine flowers, this type of Snail (Yu Luo) Jasmine Green Tea has undergone a special process called Yi Ti, or Ti Hua (提花, “final scenting”) , done with the goal of further enhancing the jasmine’s intensity. Only first-grade flowers are used for this, with their large petals, pure white color, and strong fragrance.
In order to retain this intensity, the tea leaves and jasmine flowers are mixed for one more scenting, and afterwards do not undergo any further drying; generally, the final scenting stage takes 6-8 hours, and every 100kg of tea leaves requires about 6-8kg of flower petals.

About Teavivre View company

1 Tasting Note

Teavivre has closed temporarily to protect employees and customers from the novel Coronavirus, but their US Warehouse is still open. You can still order from the US stash if you are in the US so I placed an order last night. They have been really generous with their samples and I hope that the US Warehouse keeps this closure from affecting them as much.

I ordered this sample a while back because I absolutely love their jasmine teas. My first ever jasmine was not from Teavivre and it was too strong and too much like bubble bath. I don’t know if it was artificially flavored or what. When I got my first jasmine sample from Teavivre I was astounded at the difference. I have enjoyed every form of jasmine tea I have tried from them,

This one is no exception. Hubby and I had Asian buffet leftovers tonight and made a double steep from the sample pack. The “snails” are soft with lovely light green and white color. Beautiful. Now I wish I had saved it for a gong fu service I am doing later this week.

The tea was so incredibly smooth and the jasmine was amazing and soothing. It was great with our food and would be great by itself. I love it, and I think that maybe, just maybe, it is equal to my very favorite Premium Jasmine Dragon Pearls from Teavivre! This is going on an order when they re-open.