Rooibos Tea
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

From The Forest Witch

Delicious and decadent dessert tea based on Rosmerta’s famous beer at the Three Broomsticks in Hogsmeade.

Rooibos tea provides a sweet, robust base for butterscotch and spices to tempt your taste buds from. Coconut adds a yummy vanilla-nut flavour as well as conjures the image of a nice foamy head on a warm mug of Butterbeer!

Materials: organic rooibos tea, butterscotch chips, organic cinnamon, organic coconut, organic allspice, organic ginger, flavour

BUTTERSCOTCH CHIPS CONTAIN DAIRY AND SOY
MAY CONTAIN PEANUTS

About The Forest Witch View company

Sororitea Sisters TTB

I pulled this out of the SSTTB and I was going to write a review for the blog but after smelling the strong rooibos flavor of both the dry and steeped leaf and seeing the murkiness of the brew, I had a feeling I was not going to be a fan of this tea and felt bad hating a tea from an Etsy shop on the blog. I have done it before but tonight I guess I just didn’t feel like it. Instead I would hate on it (or love it) here.

So, in one hand I have a glass of red wine sangria and in the other this tea. This weird tea that tastes like lotion. Like lotion and spice. The sangria is nice at least but I am definitely not a fan of the tea. Didn’t have high hopes going in so maybe it’s like a self-fulfilling prophecy where I expected this to be bad so it was. Also could just be a bad tea.

Roswell Strange

I drank this one tonight too – I don’t LOVE it, but I definitely like it a lot more when I stop thinking of it as a “Butterbeer” flavour and more of a Chai type of thing. Have you had a chance to try any other teas from The Forest Witch? I liked her Cancer blend a fair bit, but I REALLY enjoy the Slytherin one.

VariaTEA

I honestly wasn’t even looking for butterbeer. I just wanted something other than lotion. Tbh I looked at the envelope it was in and it was ripped and not properly stored so I’m wondering if maybe the coconut went rancid or something went off because this was bad.

Also I think this is the only one I have tried from her which may be part of the reason I felt bad hating this tea on the blog.

Also yay for tea twins drinking the same thing! It’s been a while since we did that :P

fluffduck

After checking out your profile and stalking through you tea cupboard I’d be interested in doing a little tea swap! I know this isn’t an ideal place to discuss but unfortunately I can’t send you a PM… I think maybe steepster only lets you PM people who follow you?

In any case, I have a laoshan black and an autumnal darjeeling I’m particularly interested in doing a sampler swap to compare to the ones you’ve got. I’ve got quite a few others in my cupboard and some that aren’t marked as stocked yet, too. Feel free to PM me if you’re interested :D

So, at this point I’ve let go of the idea of this one tasting like butterbeer to me.

I tried it hot recently with some pumpkin agave, and that worked really well! I think the extra bit of sweetness was a good addition because it brightened up all of the allspice notes, which are plentiful, and kind of exaggerated the sweetness of the coconut. So, it was like a brighter, sweeter and more autumnal (because of the pumpkin) light dessert Chai! That… actually works for me!

So, definitely an improvement and something I’ll keep in mind for the rest of this tea leaf.