Upcountry Maui Blend

Cinnamon Bark, Hibiscus Blossoms, Lemongrass, Passion Flower, Rose Hips
Cinnamon, Floral, Herbaceous, Rosehips, Tangy, Tart, Wood, Hibiscus
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by CharlotteZero

• “My mother and stepfather just got back from Hawaii on Wednesday. I asked them to keep an eye out for any Hawaiian Tea while they were there, but this is the only one my mother came across. (I...” Read full tasting note
  • “Theme of the teatime: make the best of what’s available. Two full packages of this to burn through, one from my aunt and the other from my work father. It makes a good cold brew 3 bags to a pint...” Read full tasting note
  • “Received two tea bags from derk, so I took one of them and brewed. Thank you derk! Unfortunately, I don’t know if I steeped it too long or too short, all I noticed was hibiscus and nothing else....” Read full tasting note
  • “Apparently it’s a bit of a CharlotteZero night today. This is another one that i begged her to try, mostly because it’s from HAWAII and well the likelihood of me getting to try many things from...” Read full tasting note

From The Hawaiian Tea Company

Product description not available yet.

About The Hawaiian Tea Company View company

My mother and stepfather just got back from Hawaii on Wednesday. I asked them to keep an eye out for any Hawaiian Tea while they were there, but this is the only one my mother came across. (I also got two jars of honey and a bunch of macadamia nut foodstuffs, so I’m not complaining!)

I usually don’t like anything with hibiscus, and this is no exception. It reminds me somewhat of the one hibiscus tea I do like (Tazo’s Passion Tea), but it doesn’t have enough sweet fruitiness to balance out the sour of the hibiscus, rosehips, and the lemongrass. This is going up on the swap thread to give away…

Haha. I definitely just published this note and then immediately changed my mind. I’m going to keep this and give away the Tazo. I’m liking the non-sweetness of this as it cools, and I think it would be great with some orange slices to give it a touch of sweetness. Also, these teabags are a much more convenient size for me, as it is doubtful I will ever want to drink the 2 quarts of tea the Tazo bags make.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Theme of the teatime: make the best of what’s available.

Two full packages of this to burn through, one from my aunt and the other from my work father. It makes a good cold brew 3 bags to a pint overnight. Tangy rosehips with mellow interjections of floral, woody cinnamon, perhaps earthy herbaceousness from the passionflower. Nothing more.

Speaking of work father, next weekend I will be packing up my belongings to live with him and his wife for an indefinite period of time so my housemate can return home. I’ve house/dog-sat for them many times, gone over for dinner and work parties but this will be, um, new, living with them.

I miss things. Such a mood right now. RHCP, Venice Queen.

Theme of the meantime: make the best of what’s available.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Floral, Herbaceous, Rosehips, Tangy, Tart, Wood

Nattie

Very apt theme for these days. Good luck living with your work dad!

mrmopar

Still going to be on the West Coast?

gmathis

Hope your new nest feels like home quickly.

ashmanra

Big changes! Praying it will be sunshine for the soul!

derk

Thanks, Nattie. I’m sure it’ll be fine. We’re all easy-going. And they have a pool.

mrmopar, same town, few miles down the road ;)

derk

ashmanra, thanks. It’ll honestly be a relief to be living with humans again. Though they seem to not take exposure to covid19 as seriously as I do.

gmathis, thank you, too.

I’m experiencing a lot of glitches on steepster lately, like missing comments.

Martin Bednář

I hope everything will be alright!

Unfortunately, I don’t know if I steeped it too long or too short, all I noticed was hibiscus and nothing else. It was kind of tart, flat and bit watery as well.

That said, “nothing to write home about”. Bit sad about that; hoped fro msome interesting flavour profile but.. nothing of it. Nevermind, maybe it will be better next time.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Tart

200 °F / 93 °C 5 min, 0 sec 10 OZ / 300 ML

Apparently it’s a bit of a CharlotteZero night today. This is another one that i begged her to try, mostly because it’s from HAWAII and well the likelihood of me getting to try many things from places far away is slim. I’m super glad that i did now. This is a really tasty non caffeine blend. I’m trying to finally take 5 mins to relax before bed and this is helping a great deal. I just wish i could place the smell. it reminds me SOOOOO strongly of something…except when i think about what, it slips away from me.

I could’t tell you what this tastes like either tonight. it’s fresh and fruity and just downright exactly what i needed right now. And it’s a marked difference from my other tea that i’m drinking which makes me giggle..though i couldn’t tell you why.