Black Pu-erh Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaBrat

• “Tea of the morning here. My general feeling on chocolate teas is that they leave a lot to be desired, especially if you are expecting them to taste like hot chocolate. This is a nice blend of black...” Read full tasting note
  • “Slight cocoa fragrance, faintly chocolatey flavor. It’s a great ingredient list but the flavor doesn’t live up to expectations. I would not describe this as having surprising depth...” Read full tasting note

From The Jasmine Pearl Tea Merchants

Cocoa Deluxe black tea will bring satisfaction to those seeking a truly chocolaty tea. Puerh, vanilla black tea, cacao nibs, and carob combine to brew up a chocolate delight with surprising depth and body. Great with milk and sugar.
Ingredients:

Chinese Black Tea, Cacao*, Carob*, Natural Flavors.

*Organically Grown.

About The Jasmine Pearl Tea Merchants View company

Tea of the morning here.

This is a nice blend of black tea, pu’erh, carob and chocolate. I believe there is some vanilla flavoring in here too. It’s mildly chocolate-y and has a bit of heft. I like the fact that they decided to put pu’erh in here which gives the tea a nice added dimension. I am not blown away by it, but I do like it. It’s nice with some vanilla soymilk added in. Probably would be more appropriate as an afternoon/dessert tea. I’ll certainly finish off the bag happily.

Slight cocoa fragrance, faintly chocolatey flavor. It’s a great ingredient list but the flavor doesn’t live up to expectations. I would not describe this as having surprising depth and body, even after I added almond milk. I think this tea might be nice as a low-key flavoring element for a fuller bodied puerh.