Cherry Cordial

Black Tea, Cacao Nibs, Cherry, Chocolate Chips, Natural Flavours, Organic Flavours
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From The NecessiTeas

The combination of a sweet liquid cordial center with a milk chocolate coating is truly divine. Try with a splash of milk and rock sugar for an even more decadent treat!

About The NecessiTeas View company

This is back in my cupboard thanks to VariaTEA. need to rememeber to try this as a latte next :) creamy cherry drink~

Sipdown (212)!

Thank you VariaTEA for the sample! I drank this one on the way home from work today as a latte; when I smelled it I thought that the flavours really seemed like they’d be suited well for that style, and the sample size VariaTEA sent me was the perfect amount to brew it as such.

I definitely enjoyed this one, though there were a couple aspect that I was either neutral towards or that didn’t completely work for me. What did work for sure was the overall creaminess; both the milk, marshmallows and silky chocolate all contributed to create a really smooth, velvety mouthfeel and flavour that was very rich and indulgent. I also liked that the chocolate wasn’t terribly in your face; had it been much stronger I think it would have felt over bearing and could have hidden the cherry notes.

The cherry is sort of the area that was a little amiss to me; not bad – just not totally what I’d expected or wanted. It was very candy like, and I think something sweet but more natural would have worked better. As it stands, this was pretty artificial. Not the worst though; it could have gone the sour/tart or medicinal routes and that would have been even more calamitous.

So overall, a nice smooth medium bodied tea with flavours well suited for a latte.

Song Pairing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWDWfx-Pl0U&list=PL87NPs59pOxOKvHww24aW9bIW-xUMuk85&index=3

I actually just listened to the whole, self titled, EP by this band on the way home. It was my first listen through but I was REALLY impressed. It’s very emotional music, but at the same time incredibly peaceful and calming. I felt very lost in it all – to the point where I nearly missed my bus stop because I was too focused on the music.

And let me just say, I’m SO thrilled that I love this because the entire band is from Regina, where I live, and not only that but I have a personal connection to one of the members, Tanner. He does the drums and some of the vocals. I know him from DAVIDsTEA because he actually works there with me! I knew my coworkers had gone on about how killer his band is, but I sort of always kind of thought “Oh, I’m sure they’re not bad but they’ve gotta just be kind of biased because we all know him so well, and love him” but no, they’re really good.

They have one more EP, so about to go listen to that right away…

Sipdown (342)

I believe Arby was the genius who brought chocolate milk lattes to my attention and I just want to say thank you because it is delish! The combination of chocolate milk and tea is giving this a rich dark chocolate flavor while the flavor of cherry really pops. The marshmallow is a bit lost but tbh it would be out of place here so I’m not upset that it’s lacking.This is making for a sort of sophisticated dessert and it’s an awesome way to finish this off. Thank goodness we decided to buy 3 bags of chocolate milk because this is going to be happening a lot this weekend.

Arby

I know, right? So good.

VariaTEA

Now I’m trying to decide which teas to make as a chocolate milk latte. I also have coconut milk.

Evol Ving Ness

Chocolate milk lattes! Gah! Could it get any better? Well, yeah, chocolate MARSHMALLOW lattes!

Arby

Coconut milk is good with certain teas, however I do find it to be quite overpowering in many. You could always try half and half chocolate milk/coconut milk and see how a chocolate coconut milk latte is. ^^ At that point, I’m not even sure if it is tea anymore, but who cares because chocolate _ coconut = amazing.