Dirty Girl Scout

Black Tea, Chocolate, Natural Flavours, Organic Flavours, Peppermint
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “Trying this again with half and half. It’s okay. I get mint and chocolate, but it isn’t as intense as I want. My mouth isn’t washed with the cool sensation of mint. I feel like the balance between...” Read full tasting note
  • “Another sample from VariaTEA – this one isn’t bad. Im’ a little sick of chocolate mint these days, so that probably explains why i don’t LOVE this…but it’s not a bad mint chocolate tea. There is...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown (215)! Thank you VariaTEA for sending this sample my way! I was actually really intrigued to see it too because I’ve actually heard of the shot it’s named after – and not only that but it’s...” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea is up against Chocomint by Palais des Thes in my tournament today. Check out the note for Chocomint here: https://steepster.com/rachel12610/posts/423102 I think I sabotaged this because I...” Read full tasting note

From The NecessiTeas

We want to commemorate the solemn and depressing end of Girl Scout Cookie season with a tribute tea, the Dirty Girl Scout! We have put a twist on this treat by flavoring black tea with natural flavors of white chocolate and Irish cream then sprinkled a generous amount of organic peppermint into the blend and topped it off with real Andes mint pieces. If you want to get real dirty, add sweetener of choice and a splash of milk.

About The NecessiTeas View company

Trying this again with half and half. It’s okay. I get mint and chocolate, but it isn’t as intense as I want. My mouth isn’t washed with the cool sensation of mint. I feel like the balance between the mint and chocolate is good, but they need to be turned up. I think I have two more servings of this. Maybe I’ll try it cold steeped. I remember really liking Teavana’s mint chocolate tea cold like that.

Another sample from VariaTEA – this one isn’t bad. Im’ a little sick of chocolate mint these days, so that probably explains why i don’t LOVE this…but it’s not a bad mint chocolate tea. There is a creaminess here that it pretty tasty as a whole. glad to try these out but i’m worried it may prompt an order heh

No need to order when I still have lots to share. Just saying :P

I feel bad about taking all your teas!

VariaTEA

I have more than I could drink alone. Don’t feel bad :)

Sipdown (215)!

Thank you VariaTEA for sending this sample my way! I was actually really intrigued to see it too because I’ve actually heard of the shot it’s named after – and not only that but it’s a shot that I regularly stock all the ingredients to make because I enjoy it so much.

I made it today at work iced because I thought the cooling mint would be really nicely suited to iced prep, and I’ve really enjoyed the last few mint/chocolate teas I’ve made iced as well. Surprisingly, it wasn’t really all that good though. Both the mint and the chocolate were really weak/flat tasting and just overall really disappointing. This is a REALLY rich/sweet shot when done properly so that’s what I wanted out of the tea.

In a last ditch attempt to make this more enjoyable I poured in some soy milk to hopefully enhance the creaminess factor. I have absolutely NO idea what ingredient caused it to happen, but for whatever reason when I added in the soy it curdled. Nothing in this should result in curdled milk! It was so strange, and obviously ruined the rest of the drink. Sorry – but this one just isn’t for me. I’ll stick to the actual alcoholic shot, thank you very much.

Memily

Oh nooooo what a nightmare! Eek!

VariaTEA

I wonder what curdled the milk? And I am sorry it was such a terrible experience for you. I never thought to ice it and now I for sure won’t lol

I think I sabotaged this because I might have forgotten about it and let it oversteep slightly. And yet, there is no bitterness or any signs that it was left too long. So I appreciate the forgiveness of this tea.

I appreciate the oil dots on top less. Given the appearance, it is less oily in the mouthfeel but does build as I keep drinking. I think that is why I prefer this as a latte since that helps cut the oil while still boosting the Andes chocolate-inspired flavour (since it is made with cut up pieces of Andes in it). The base serves as a good foundation to boost the flavour which is more chocolate mint simultaneously than Chocomint which is more chocolate that melts into a mint after taste.

I think I am appreciating the lightness of Chocomint just a bit more today and so it will take the win. Honestly though these are pretty on par and probably could have gone either way depending what I was in the mood for.