Orange Glazed Cranberry Scone

White Tea
Dried Cranberries, Marigold Petals, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Organic Flavours, Sugar, White Tea
Brown Sugar, Butter, Cranberry, Creamy, Floral, Hay, Orange, Peach, Sweet
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From The NecessiTeas

Whole dried cranberries bursting with tart flavor and pieces of flavorful sweet orange peel dot these white tea leaves with colorful and tasty accents. Brown sugar is combined with the creamy flavor of scones topped with clotted cream. Pouring a hot, steamy cup is like taking a bite into fresh-baked from the oven scones.

About The NecessiTeas View company

VariaTEA sample :)

this one is quite tasty. Steeped for 2.5 mins at about 185 since i wasn’t sure how to treat it. It’s like an orange scone with bright zingy notes that are likely the cranberries popping through. I wouldn’t restock this one, but only because i don’t drink that many white teas. This one is really nice though :) glad to experience it. Thanks lady!

Sipdown (211)!

First tea of the day today – made a cup at work. The sample is from VariaTEA!

So, I wasn’t sure how I felt about this one when I saw it included in VariaTEA’s care package. I was kind of terrified of it tasting like the really gross Cranberry Orange Muffin tea that DAVIDsTEA put out with their Fall Collection a year or so back. Damn that was nasty…

This wasn’t though! Instead, it really delivered on the flavour it was marketed as. Basically, it was a smooth light bodied tea with sweet notes of both candied oranges and cranberry and then more confectionery notes of brown sugar, cream and honey. It was also just a touch buttery. Combine that with the natural sweetness and hay notes of the white base and you have the perfect recreation of a fruity scone with clotted cream. Honestly, I didn’t even remotely expect this to get so close to tasting like the real thing, but I’m pleasantly surprised it did.

I’d totally order this one for myself.

Song Pairing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRXtbLqIx04&index=11&list=LL1M1wDjmJD4SJr_CwzXAGuQ

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Butter, Cranberry, Creamy, Floral, Hay, Orange, Peach, Sweet

VariaTEA

I should send you more of this.

This tea traveled a great distance and weathered a snow storm to get to me so I was definitely pleased when I opened the tin and found the orange glazed cranberry scone I was promised. http://sororiteasisters.com/2016/12/18/orange-glazed-cranberry-scone-from-the-necessiteas/

Evol Ving Ness

Wow! It sounds like you are seriously impressed with this company. Hurray!

I am always surprised when Canada Post begins to do full deliveries during the Christmas rush and I begin to find parcels on my doorstep on Sundays. Nice surprise though. And new tea delivery? Always a joy. One of the best things ever.

this just makes me want to order tea….but i will resist. only 2 more weeks to go..

VariaTEA

Evol Ving Ness, I am super happy with everything I have tried so far from this company. It was pretty expensive and I couldn’t get samples sizes which normally results in me turning away but this order kept me up all night so I decided to splurge and I am glad I did :)

Sil, order from my cupboard :P

Evol Ving Ness

What’s going to happen in two weeks, Sil?

Evol Ving Ness

Good recommendation, except for the expensive part.

VariaTEA – haha i likely will
Evol – 2 wks = Jan 1st! Trying to get to my weight and sipdown goals for 2016

And then, shopping? :)

evol – maybe. Might try and do another year or getting my cupboard under control. i have a LOT of puerh that i havent touched almost the entire year..

Evol Ving Ness

This tea thing is a full-time job: the ordering, the shopping, the drinking, the ordering, the sorting, the panicking, and so on. You’ve been doing such a good job with your sip downs, Sil. Admirable discipline. Very impressive. But do you even like puerh?

evol – i ADORE puerh.. I just need to MAKE time for it. It’s a relaxing experience for me…gives me a chance to pause and focus on the tea, instead of drinking while i’m busy and running around. So i need to just start doing it.