Chocolate Pear Cake

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by amandastory516

From The NecessiTeas

Product description not available yet.

About The NecessiTeas View company

A free sample from my last order.

I struggle a lot with chocolate and pear together as a flavour “in real life” (ie. in things outside of tea) because my brain has a hard time marrying the idea of dewy, wet juicy pear with chocolates. The only time it really works for me is when we’re talking a baked or poached pear type of situation where a lot of the moisture has been removed and it’s caramelized a bit. It’s mostly just a texture thing…

So, combine the fact this is a green tea with the fact that the pear smells like very fresh, dewy floral and juicy pear and you can probably see why I was skeptical if I would enjoy this tea.

Steeped up, it does weird things to my brain. I mean, it tastes perfectly fine – rich and cake-y chocolate meet sweet and ripe pear. The flavours are well executed, both present, and not too sweet or too grassy from the base. However, as my brain can think about is the disconnect between actual chocolate and pear that I mentioned above. I want to enjoy this, but there’s a mental block that I’m struggling to get past. Perhaps this is something that I’ll get past with time/repeated cups of this tea – but right now…

I feel a little squicky!?

This really does taste like some kind of chocolate pear dessert. Not quite a cake, but perhaps a pear tart drizzled in chocolate and caramel. There’s quite a strong caramel note, and the chocolate is distinct but not overwhelming or synthetic tasting. The pear flavoring isn’t my favorite, and is bordering on artificial. There’s a slight banana note to it as well. It’s quite sweet, and would probably do better as a latte.