MÉLANGE Ô

Black Green Blend
Black Tea, Flavors, Green Tea, Jasmine Flowers, Lemon Peel, Orange Peel, Rose Petals
Medium
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Mastress Alita

• “I tried this tea in the bagged form as it was part of a set of THE O DOR teas that I had purchased. When I opened the bag, the aroma of bergamot permeated my nose, while hints of sweetness from fig...” Read full tasting note
  • “I have been drinking this all day! I drank two cups during out 2.5hr family yoga class on zoom today. My cousin runs a long class, I’ll likely be sore tomorrow from slow motion squats. I releafed...” Read full tasting note

From THE O DOR

Perfumes have their secrets, like this tea creation that many also call ‘the tea perfume’.
Complex flavors of fruits and flowers, mixed up together for a perfect harmony in your mouth and a cup without any equivalence and letting unveil the notes of green and black teas composing it.

Just like a gift, this ‘Exuberance’ tea blend by Theodor reveals with great finesse its sour and flowery secrets.

Black tea and green tea are perfectly decorated with a few zests of lemon, bewitching notes of rose and jasmine flowers, the whole to give birth to an exceptional blend, an alchemist’s blend.

A vegetal aroma, sometimes woody, vanilla-flavored, floral, zest-flavored, lemon-flavored… complex and charming, like a harmony of flavors that you hope to rediscover in your mouth. But let’s move to its tasting…

The infusion of the tea leaves reveal a dark amber color in your cup. The sweet perfumes escaping from it continue to enchant your senses in order to spur you to drink one first sip…

In first note, a citric note of bergamot or of another citrus fruit is coming to tickle your palate, before savoring then a few sweet flavors both of cherry and citrus fruits which are later expressed. This ‘Mélange Ô’ offers a true cup of freshness and delights to your taste buds, through a mellow texture in your mouth.

This tea blend flavored with fruits and flowers is perfect for breakfast or to allow yourself a delicious vegan tea break during the day.

“Lotus, Prickly pear, Jasmine, Rose, Bergamot, or even Orange… You may be thinking that all of these flavors gathered in one single cup would be ‘too much’ for sure! In this blend, this is what I love; these treasures here perfectly mingled, the appealing nobility of all the flavors coming out of nowhere. And finally this unique nectar making me different from the others.

This is the way I am, with water suspended to my lips. Ô levitating. ”

MAJOR NOTES: Bergamot, flowers, citrus fruits

INGREDIENTS: Black (64,4%) and green (29%) teas (Origins: China, Sri Lanka), Flavors (Lotus, Bergamot, Citrus fruits, Cactus fig, Cherry), Rose petals, Orange peels and zests of Lemon (2%), Jasmine petals.

INFUSION TIME: 3 to 4 minutes
TEMPERATURE: 185 °F (85°C)

About THE O DOR View company

I tried this tea in the bagged form as it was part of a set of THE O DOR teas that I had purchased. When I opened the bag, the aroma of bergamot permeated my nose, while hints of sweetness from fig and cherry were also apparent. Visually, there were pieces of what looked to be fruit mixed in the black tea in the bag (THE O DOR uses silk bags, so you are able to visually inspect what’s in the bag).

After four minutes (THE O DOR recommends 4 to 5 minutes), the colour was that of a deep amber liquor and the overwhelming bergamot aroma was mellowed. Instead, the fruity aroma of the tea shone through much more.

Upon the first taste, the bergamot was the forefront flavour, but soon the delicious fruitiness of fig and cherry came through as well as the slightest hint of lotus and jasmine. Looking at the label, I think the citrus elements of the tea help to cut through the bergamot, as instead of being heavy, there’s a freshness to the tea that I definitely didn’t expect. If you like tea with a bit of sugar or lemon, I think the tea could hold up to these, but I think with milk/cream some of the nuances of the tea may be lost.

As I’m not a big Earl Grey fan (I’ll leave those to my husband) I wasn’t expecting to like this tea at all, but I have to admit, not only is it delicious, I thoroughly enjoyed it. If you’re not a huge Earl Grey fan or would like to wade into the waters that are bergamot teas, this may be a great introduction to see if you like it as there’s enough other flavours going on that you if you decide you don’t like bergamot, you’d most likely still enjoy this tea. Unfortunately THE O DOR teas are no longer being carried locally, but I may just have to bite the bullet and reorder this one online once I’m finished the bags that came in the set.

I have been drinking this all day! I drank two cups during out 2.5hr family yoga class on zoom today. My cousin runs a long class, I’ll likely be sore tomorrow from slow motion squats. I releafed after class and am on a second steeping of that releaf, so cup 4 at the moment! This tea is really hitting the spot. It’s different than Melange teas from other companies. They all have orange, but the other all seem to have a more preserved orange peel flavor. This one is more orange than peel. There is a caramel like flavor in there too that melds well with the base and the orange. Overall I really like this tea. Theodor does such a good job balancing their teas.

Cameron B.

I still need to try THE O DOR!

Dustin

You should! Their teas are so lovely. Let me know if you want to try some and I’ll send you some samples!