Pêché Mignon

Fruit Green Blend
Cantaloupe, Creamy, Green Apple, Melon, Pineapple, Strawberry, Cream, Peach, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by cteresa

• “oh, wow, this is maybe the fruitiest green tea I ever had. It smells amazing though I worried it might be “too much”, like those scented pens or stationery when I was a kid. Brewed up it smells...” Read full tasting note
  • “Feeling like I need something fruity and tasty and mellow, but not weak this afternoon… I went for a black breakfast tea rather than my usual green which was a strange experience, reminded me why I...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’ve had this sample for AGES! I don’t recall how I felt about it when I first tried it, but I’m having it cold steeped now. It tastes like an average peach tea with a hint of stale. A sad ending...” Read full tasting note
  • “Recently I tried this tea cold brewed. After putting it in the fridge I forgot all about it, so it sat there for approximately 1,5 days. This tea turns into a rather nice iced tea. The flavor is a...” Read full tasting note

From THE O DOR

Flavoured green tea with major notes of orchard peach, melon, strawberry and passion fruit.

Life would be tasteless, should we have no little, confessed faults… I mean those shortcomings that bring no big consequences to which I let myself go shamelessly. Don’t be afraid that others behave likewise and let yourself be tempted by this green tea with fruity notes of peach and melon; just regret that you were not the first one to give in to it.

About THE O DOR View company

oh, wow, this is maybe the fruitiest green tea I ever had. It smells amazing though I worried it might be “too much”, like those scented pens or stationery when I was a kid. Brewed up it smells slightly different and at first sip it´s not cloying, but a very strong taste of peaches and melon.

I had to go check on the Theodor website what were the notes of this – the peach and melon are obvious and far stronger than everything else, though I think in retrospect there is a hint of the passion fruit. The website specifies it is vine peach which vindicates my nose, I did think it was vine peach. The melon is the dominant note here, though interestingly it seems to spread, move to the forefront as it cools – when I poured the hot water the peach was more obvious and also more present at first sip, then it started to get more in the background with each cooler sip. It´s still there on the last lukewarm sips but just as a background.

This is just lovely. I think this would make an excellent (though probably quite expensive) ice tea. And it´s very summery as well, a great tea to have, hot or cold, on a warm day (is spring finally here? cross fingers!). While Mélange de Galice, another peach Theodor tea, was a sort of summer dreaming tea to have in the darkest of winter, Pêché Mignon is a summery tea to have when summer is coming – or maybe that is just me being fancy.

This is going on the to-buy list for sure, though in practical terms, it might not happen anytime soon.

PS – second steep, using a little hotter water, a bit less water and a slightly longer steep also good. But less intense melon and more noticeable peach. Not sure peach is stronger actually, I think it is just that by the melon being more toned down you notice the vine peach more.

Hallieod

I’ve seen vine tomatoes (bought them yesterday, in fact!) but vine peach? I’m very impressed at your nose anyway! :)

Ysaurella

where do you buy your Theodor teas in Portugal Teresa ?
I am planning to go to their shop on next month, if you want I’ll let you now what I want to buy.

cteresa

Hallie, for me peach is large and yellow, and vigne peach is peach as well (not like nectarines which is a different thing) but smaller, softer and more scented and red. I think it is a very french thing to divide peche, peche de vigne (and nectarines) but it is somewhat related to the peaches we grow here, pessego, pessego de roer (peach) and nectarine. It smells different, it does, really, though i can not explain it well – vine peach or peche de vigne smells more and smells wilder though I will confess that m,y favorite variety of peach to eat has not too strong a smell but is the big yellow (rather than white) peach.

Ysaurella, I bought afew Theodor teas in a Lisbon shop which sadly closed in December, but there is a shop in Porto which sells Theodor (though they do not divide by blender brand, whichI kind of respect though it is not helpful. I do hate their diving tea by “origin” which is not sensible at all IMO) http://www.rotadocha.pt/ I have ordered from them before and am planning to order again soon, if only I can decide what i want more!

And if you go their shop, smell everything before choosing! I have been completely seduced by so many of their blends just because of the smell, it´s so well blended – I have not been disappointed with the smells versus the taste!

Hallieod

That does it – I’m going to have to find a way to get to Portugal (during peach season, now)! This is fascinating, thanks for explaining for me!

cteresa

Ah, but Hallie, peach season is cherry season as well, and nice as peaches are, oh cherries, cherries are the best – you get vans coming down from the cherry regions selling literally “psst, want a box of cherries” our of the back of vans, and those cherries were probably picked 2 days ago and are just sublime. Peaches are nice, but cherry season http://www.flickr.com/photos/cteresa/7164100153/

Hallieod

I just — no, am speechless. That is glorious. We get strawberries sold locally, and they’re very good strawberries, but it’s not cherries. I am DEFINITELY going to have to visit. In June, right?

cteresa

LOL, you ´d be very welcome. June, leaning towards May. They start to show up mid May and are usually gone by the end of June.

Feeling like I need something fruity and tasty and mellow, but not weak this afternoon… I went for a black breakfast tea rather than my usual green which was a strange experience, reminded me why I always have a green tea first thing. Ah well! On to the tasting.

I have so little of this tea that using it feels like I really need a good excuse and a long time to savour it. The colour in the cup is bright and golden and the aroma is nothing but cantaloupe, whole and delicious. Despite how soft the flavours are this tea is a tad dry and astringent on the tongue, but I can overlook this for the beautifully smooth fruit flavours. It’s like eating a cantaloupe melon and peaches (the peach isn’t as strong as the melon), it’s nothing but delicious. Another high score!

Ysaurella

I’ve always wanted trying The O Dor …I should ! but find them a little bit expensive vs a MF. Would you say the quality is equal or under ?

meliorate

I just checked on their website and, wow, the tins really are expensive ): But their bags seem cheaper, and I’d bought this from a teahouse, it wasn’t too expensive. I’d say it’s about equal, though!

I’ve had this sample for AGES! I don’t recall how I felt about it when I first tried it, but I’m having it cold steeped now. It tastes like an average peach tea with a hint of stale. A sad ending for this tea and motivation to sip down more teas and samples in my collection.

Recently I tried this tea cold brewed. After putting it in the fridge I forgot all about it, so it sat there for approximately 1,5 days. This tea turns into a rather nice iced tea. The flavor is a bit less potent cold brewed when comparing to hot brewed but very suitable for a hot summer day!

I’ve been under the weather the past few days. Fought it off for a while, but it hit me hard. Asthma that lingered is what got annoying. The mucus exacerbates it & had to go to visit the doctor (boo). The only doctor I ever liked was dad, and after he passed, I’ve been stuck with people who either don’t know or don’t care. Left me waiting in a room for 2 hrs (during a severe asthma attack). Hello? I’m dying in here. They finally realized I needed a steroid shot…

I never realized how lucky I was in that respect… To have a dad who took care of all your medical needs (he was also a surgeon so he took my tonsils out, for example.) and no lines to wait in. lol

So, I’ve been quiet here since the cold destroyed the little bit of ability I had to taste anything. lol It’s a good time though, I’m still waiting for my December package(s) from TeaVivre and YS, so I don’t really have anything new… But then, I found another sample from Theodor. hehe I guess they gave me 5 free samples!

With that knowledge, this has a Chinese green tea base with a strong melon flavor, and slight peach, pineapple, passion fruit, strawberry, green apple notes. ^^ It’s a very nice fruity green tea. I normally wouldn’t rate it due to my dislike of strong melon taste but it was more like an exotic slurry of fruits.

175 °F, 3 steeps: 2m, 3m, 4m

Flavors: Cantaloupe, Creamy, Green Apple, Melon, Pineapple, Strawberry

175 °F / 79 °C 2 min, 0 sec 4 OZ / 110 ML
derk

Asthma while sick is terrible. Hope you’re feeling better!

lizwykys

Warm healing hug from the universe sent your way, Kawaii433!

This tea sounds rather lovely for summer, maybe iced. I do need to get around to ordering from The O Dor one of these days. (Needed: more days, and more money)

Mastress Alita

Get well! (You’ve also reminded me I need to make a doctor appt. today, wah!)

Kawaii433

Thank you all! <3 Imma trying hehe.
Mastress Alita, good luck with your doctor appontment. I hope you have a better doctor _ than I do.

tea-sipper

Feel better!

Kawaii433

Thank you tea-sipper!

When decanting this tea, I noticed an overwhelming melon-type aroma. Very nice melon flavour on the sip- reminiscent of the great flavour that I would find in Butiki Teas blends. Slight creaminess to it. Green tea flavour seems to stand out a bit in this blend. This is a rather old sample so it may just be that I need to give this one a try with a fresh batch.

Flavors: Melon

Ysaurella

I miss Butiki Teas so much !

Lovely cantaloupe and melon cream indulgence. Smooth, smooth. The green tea base is barely barely there. Just a lovely tea.

Thank you, Sil. I am really enjoying this one.

Flavors: Cantaloupe, Cream, Melon

apieceofquiche

This sounds yummy. I do love a good cantaloupe tea.

Evol Ving Ness

Even on the fourth steep, I still have a hint of melon on my lips after each sip.

yay! glad you enjoyed

Evol Ving Ness

And Sil, where have you been? Have you given up drinking tea?

no i’m still drinking just barely have time for anything outside of work and scanning things, trying to stay caught up. not drinking as much though. Mostly overworked again and trying to find a safe place in the storm. We also added a dog to the family last sunday so if i’m not at work, i’m watching her and trying to help her settle in and not poop/pee in the house :) which, she’s only done once for the record, but still needs help learning things…. so yeah.

Evol Ving Ness

Hurray for the new puppy! She sounds like she is doing really well in getting adjusted. I hope you get a bit of a break soon. And tea, more tea breaks for you as well.

GCTTB 5 Box 2

This is a very delicious, smooth green tea. It definitely has notes of cantaloupe, melon and peach. It is super creamy. Very much reminds me of ice cream. There is a slight metallic tinge with a bit of astringency at the end of the sip.

The flavours of this tea definitely are very strong and linger. I agree with some of the previous reviews that this is one of the fruitiest green blends I have ever tasted.

GCTTB5 box#2

This was a lovely green tea, the base was fairly mellow which I enjoy. It was fruity with peach and cantaloupe being in the forefront. Now that I read the description, I guess I got some passion fruit but no strawberry. This was one delicious cuppa and I imagine it would be great cold brewed as well. I would be scared that the base would be more pronounced in a cold brew though.

This is very smooth for a green tea. The peach is definitely present along with other fruity notes that I would not be able to identify on my own, but with the power of suggestion after reading the description I could see a melon flavor. I also get a nice buttery feel from the initial sips that I would normally associate with an unroasted oolong. This is really very nice. Thanks again, SIl! You’ve managed to send along some teas that I would not normally have ever wanted to try and they’ve all been enjoyable. :)

heh go you drinking all the samples! i tried not to just give you blacks haha