Ceylan OP supérieur

Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Ysaurella

• “Advent day 12. I’m not super familiar with Ceylans, so it’s hard for me to compare with the average. This is nice. It has this almost green hint to it for a second at the start of the sip before it...” Read full tasting note
  • “Second tea from my Theodor order on Vente Privée . I must admit that I kinda chose this tea by default just to have a plain tea and because it was quite cheap . Now Ceylons never really...” Read full tasting note

From THE O DOR

As a matter of fact, I have no idea how you drink your morning tea…We all have our tips and rituals. As far as I am concerned, I get up early and as Leonie, the housekeeper only arrives at 9.00am, I take this opportunity to visit some Parisian palace in my neighbourhood where my morning tea, a Ceylon, is waiting for me and I add a drop of milk…Of course! Ideal brewing time: 4 to 6’ Water temperature: 80°C (176°F)

About THE O DOR View company

Advent day 12. I’m not super familiar with Ceylans, so it’s hard for me to compare with the average. This is nice. It has this almost green hint to it for a second at the start of the sip before it turns malty for most of the sip, then has a slight sweetness as the flavors fade. It’s the kind of tea I can imagine going great with cream, so I might try that.
Cream was definitely the right choice! The cream goes so well with the malt and there is almost a fruity quality to it. Now that I taste this, it must have been a Ceylan that I had at the Dickens fair a couple weeks ago at their tea service. It was so busy I didn’t get a chance to ask what tea we were drinking!

Second tea from my Theodor order on Vente Privée . I must admit that I kinda chose this tea by default just to have a plain tea and because it was quite cheap . Now Ceylons never really transported me . I have at least 5 of them right now in my collection -because every time I think it will be THE little TEA Ceylon that will transcend me … and each time well no it’s not …

The smell is similar to all those little Ceylons. Are there only Great Ceylons somewhere ? I guess so .

The dry leaf is very thin and it has the typical twigs.

And the taste ? So we have an unpretentious and correct tea. Like all I tasted.. except 1 Ceylon I ’ve had … with my great aunt … a Mariage Frères …very good… but which one? mystery. In any case this Theodor is not his twin..oh no.

Some pics are available here : http://thevangeliste.wordpress.com/2014/10/19/ceylan-op-superieur-theodor/

i had one the other day that was really nice… but i can’t remember which tea it was…

Ysaurella

aww thank you Sil !

Nicole sent me a sample and it was quite tasty….still not knock your socks off omd this is the most amazing tea ever but it was really lovely…and pretty! :)