Laponic December 25th, Black

Black Tea, Cranberry, Rosemary
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Edit tea info Last updated by cteresa

• “This is such a weird savory tea. I was drawn to it because it had such strange ingredients for a tea, very herby. I’m feeling a little under the weather this morning and a cup of this with it’s...” Read full tasting note
  • “I have not been buying much new tea, and sticking to finishing a lot of my stash. But Thé o Dor is a favorite brand I can´t order easily (they sell online but the shipping prices are very...” Read full tasting note

From THE O DOR

Flavored black tea with notes of rosemary, oak moss and cranberry.

About THE O DOR View company

This is such a weird savory tea. I was drawn to it because it had such strange ingredients for a tea, very herby. I’m feeling a little under the weather this morning and a cup of this with it’s almost broth like flavors has gotten me part way through. I bet it would be even more broth like if I added salt and I bet it would make a great base for a soup. I’m such a desert tea type that it’s hard to wrap my brain around a tea not having those features, but I’m enjoying the strangeness of this all the same.

ashmanra

I mailed mine to derk! LOL

derk

The white December 25, and I forgot to try it on Christmas. Maybe when the next storm comes and I need evening caffeine.

Dustin

They have four Laponic December 25ths on different bases with different ingredients!

I have not been buying much new tea, and sticking to finishing a lot of my stash. But Thé o Dor is a favorite brand I can´t order easily (they sell online but the shipping prices are very of-fputting!) but found a store which had some tins and could not resist indulging in this Christmas tea.

It´s a very unusual christmas tea, rosemary, oak moss and cranberry on a very nice chinese black tea base. It´s wonderfully refreshing, fresh, clear, pure compared to how sweet and spicy most christmas teas are. Luckily , I love it and will enjoy it the rest of the year as well!

greenteafairy

This sounds so interesting! I can’t even imagine what oak moss might taste like.

cteresa

If it were not on item description I would never have expected it. Maybe a certain woody-ness, a green note. I have tried perfumes in the past with oak moss notes, I think it is supposed to be in the background.

The rosemary is very dominant here in a very interesting way – maybe the moss and berries balance it so it tastes very pure, very wild, rather than flowery. I can’t imagine Lapland smelling like this in reality but it tastes like something of a pure winter forest without being pine-y. I like pine scents very much but a pine tea might not be nearly as drinkable as this.

This was a really exciting interesting idea for a tea, I loved that it works out!

greenteafairy

It sounds wonderful. I’m wishlisting this one!