Je Ne Sais Quoi...

Green Tea
Caramel, Green Tea, Natural Cookie Flavor, Sunflower Petals, Vanilla, Vanilla Flavour
Butter, Cookie, Cream, Mineral, Spinach, Sweet, Umami, Vanilla, Vegetal
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Ali Bee's Bake Shop

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Home – 8:00 PM This is a sample from my swap with ashmanra. I think this may be the first time I’ve tried THE O DOR…? How can this possibly be a Chinese green tea…? The leaves are small and thin,...” Read full tasting note

From THE O DOR

A cup of ‘Je ne sais quoi…’ holds a greedy green tea vanilla-flavored with notes of cookie.

Combining green tea with a hint of vanilla, almost as sweet as a pastry, was by no means an easy task… For sure. That required some daring spirit! However, pretending not to be conscious of what it means, that’s just lightly impudent, quite useful, in my opinion…

It is true that as a Parisian, I know how to stay humble and keep it simple… as opposed to many of you, I should say…

MAJOR NOTES: Vanilla, pastry

INGREDIENTS: Green tea (Origin: China), Caramel pieces*, Vanilla, Sunflower petals, Flavors (Vanilla, Cookie).

INFUSION TIME: 2 to 3 minutes

TEMPERATURE: 185 °F (85°C)

Ingredients other than tea and/or infusion plants don’t exceed 5% of the composition.

Keep away from light, air and humidity.

KOSHER certified tea

About THE O DOR View company

1 Tasting Note

Home – 8:00 PM

How can this possibly be a Chinese green tea…? The leaves are small and thin, and super dark green in color. If I didn’t know better, I’d say this was a Japanese sencha, and a shaded or steamed sencha at that.

The flavor of the base tea also says “Japanese” to me. It’s a bit intense and quite vegetal with notes of umami. Maybe it’s a Chinese sencha…? Regardless, it’s definitely of quality. I oversteeped it a bit – I would recommend a 2 minute steep for this one. But even with some bitterness, it’s pleasant.

The flavoring is very nice, light and buttery biscuit with vanilla essence.

I can see an order from THE O DOR in my future… Too bad I would have to spend €150 to avoid paying €35 in shipping fees… Sounds like a group order opportunity. ;)

Looking at their €75 advent calendar now… ❤

Flavors: Butter, Cookie, Cream, Mineral, Spinach, Sweet, Umami, Vanilla, Vegetal