Blackberry Sage

Black Fruit Blend
Astringent, Bitter, Blackberry, Herbaceous, Sage, Sweet, Tart, Berries, Floral, Perfume
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Great Canadian Traveling Tea Box Certainly having fun with the travelling teabox today. I won’t get through them all today but i’m well on my way to being able to package the box up...” Read full tasting note
  • “The best thing about this tea is the smell. Really great blackberry aroma comes wafting from the tin and the brewed liquid. I tried two cups using my fancy new water kettle my gf just got me...” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea was a favorite of mine when I was in my late teens, right before I switched to loose-leaf. I first discovered it in Rutherfordton, North Carolina at a combination coffee shop and bar...” Read full tasting note
  • “My Wednesday night was the beginning of my climb out of a work-week funk (kicked off by the drive thru lady at Wendys accidentally giving the bf and I four chocolate frosties instead of two, and...” Read full tasting note

From The Republic of Tea

Tea For Wisdom. The soft taste and sweet aroma of fresh blackberries is experienced with the first sip of this fruity tea. A subtle undertone of cool white sage adds a balanced finish. Wonderful iced.

About The Republic of Tea View company

Hot, this is a decidedly average tea. Smells like blackberry, tastes like generic black tea. However, I made some iced and it is great! Some of the best iced tea I’ve had. Somehow that preparation brings out the flavors much better and it’s a very refreshing drink. I thought I wanted to just get rid of this tea, but now I may have to buy it again!

Blackberry & Sage are two of my fav ingredients I was horribly disappointed by this :/ if my grandma drank this tea every day, having to smell it would be my least favorite part about visiting

So-so tea. I really like blackberry and this was the only brand I could find locally. Disappointed with the lack of flavor.

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I bought this as an inexpensive way to have tea at school. I also love blackberries, and particularly love them combined with herbals. I wish I had a candle of this. I had a blackberry basil one once upon a time and it was amazing. I am surprised at how fragrant this is. While it might not be the best in the world, it is very tasty, and I will likely repurchase.

Firstly, I must mention that I have the loose leaf version of this tea, not the bag.

The smell of the dry leaf and liquid smells extremely strongly of blackberry. There’s something sort of dry-smelling at the end of the scent that suggests artificiality. I couldn’t detect any sage in the scent.

Starting with the base, there’s some astringency and bitterness, but they take a back seat to the flavoring. As with the scent, I can detect no sage in the flavor. The blackberry flavor is strong. It’s a tiny bit artificial, but it’s still a nice flavor.

Since Stephen likes this tea, we’ll be keeping it around.

Flavors: Astringent, Bitter, Blackberry

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

Love to stick this in my water bottle and let it steep slowly through out the day. I prefer it room temperature. It is the only tea I really enjoy without sweetener. It has a bright coppery aftertaste that I think is very refreshing.

145 °F / 62 °C 8 min or more 16 OZ / 473 ML

This is pretty good. Blackberry is the most prominent flavor. It’s an artificial taste, like blackberry candy rather than the fruit. I don’t taste much from the Sage or Black tea. I like blackberries, but they’re not one of my favorite fruits, so I probably wouldn’t be particularly inclined to keep this on hand. It might be worth trying the decaf version, though.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Kirkoneill1988

loose leaf?

rosebudmelissa

No, it was a teabag.

I have been drinking this tea periodically for years. I’m not the hugest fan of black teas, but the aroma of this tea is inviting. I love blackberry, and the tartness of the blackberry and the grassiness of the sage bring out the tannins in the tea without it becoming too bitter (unless you oversteep, of course). This is one of the few teas that I just do not enjoy iced. I always drink it hot. It becomes a bit more bitter when iced.

Flavors: Blackberry, Herbaceous, Sage

So I have been very busy and I have had a lot going on! I am sorry I haven’t been logging my tea! But I have, to be sure, been drinking it!

I babysat for my cousin and she gave me some tea along with my pay, because she’s awesome. (And because four days with two excitable boys is a little crazy.)

She gave me two—this stuff, and Stash Peppermint tea. I’ll get to that later.

This stuff though—I was SO EXCITED for. I LOVE berries, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE sage. I’ve had a really good High Mountain Atlas Sage at a little place in Charlottesville, and the Sage was SO LOVELY.

I thought this tea would be so great!

And, well, it was but… hmm.. I guess I feel like I was lacking on the flavours.

There is a light, smooth berry flavour, which I like a lot. It doesn’t need a lot of sugar, and I like that. But it wasn’t an immediate taste, either, and one thing that really (I mean really) disappointed me was that I could hardly taste any sage at all. Some sips it seemed like there was no sage. None. And to me, that’s false advertising, to label a tea as one flavour or combination, and then not deliver.

However, I do like this tea. It’s not bad, it’s smooth and has enough taste to be good, and it gives a nice boost in energy without giving the jitters.

And I love Republic of Teas round teabags!

Question though: what’s a really good sage tea, with a pretty obvious sage flavour? I need some!!

Flavors: Blackberry

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 14 OZ / 414 ML
TeaBrat

I have an herbal tea from Juniper Ridge and there’s only two ingredients in it: wild mint and sage. you could try that… sage flavor is strong

I got this one at a Schuler Books and Music store in the form of an iced tea, and it was exactly what I needed at that moment. This tea is naturally sweet, and tart making sugar unnecessary. I primarily tasted the black tea body which was smooth and slightly astringent, but complimented nicely with the black berry and accented by the sage. Very refreshing. Also, I got both the loose leaf version and this one, which are pretty similar…they must have pre-brewed it and then put it in the fridge.

I wonder how it would have tasted hot, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy my own tin of it. Still, I was amazed that a chain bookstore coffee shop offered this quality of tea, and I would definitely buy it again as an individual option.

Flavors: Astringent, Blackberry, Sage, Sweet, Tart