Jade Bamboo

Green Tea
Bamboo
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Love and Care

From The Tao of Tea

Made in the Hunnan Province, China.
Made in early spring with true artisan skill of pan-roasting leaves, the Jade Bamboo is grown at an elevation of 1000 meters. The traditional art of pan roasting over low heat helps develop the flavor fully and gives it a good balance toasted aroma. We find it similar to the aroma of bamboo. Sweet, smooth, vegetal taste. Brew at 175F for four minutes, mineral water preferred.

About The Tao of Tea View company

Agreed, really great green tea. It has a very fine aftertaste. I was trying to compare this tea to Tao of Tea’s Rainforest green – I noticed a difference in the aftertaste, the Jade Bamboo takes on a stronger sense of sencha, and the rainforest green becomes less bitter. Otherwise, they are really similar and both great. I like the Rainforest slightly better.

Fantastic taste. Exceptionally smooth even after long steeps hardly gets bitter.

Tea Love and Care

If you’re putting that big order in, I might get some of this one as well!

Don’t look now, but this is the 666th individual tea I’ve written a note about.

Steepster says otherwise, but that’s because there are three mystery teas in my log (teas I never tasted nor possessed, nor even came into the same room with as far as I know). I can’t get rid of them no matter what I do. I’ve written to the Steepster overlords, but I fear that, like the two mystery private message notifications that won’t go away, this is a break that no one knows how to fix.

I have two packets of this. I’m treating them as separate for sipdown purposes because it’s container space I’m really counting.

I didn’t believe the directions when they said that this should be steeped for four minutes, but next time I’m going to try that. 1:30, my usual green tea steeping time, is probably giving this short shrift.

I smell the bamboo in the aroma, a sort of green, woody smell. But this isn’t, right now, giving off as much flavor as I expected and the liquor is very pale. It has a very interesting rose gold color.

I’m not going to rate it yet.

Flavors: Bamboo

Roswell Strange

I also have the mystery message notifications; for the most part I’ve just gotten used to them, but every now and then I have that moment where I go “Oh, I’ve got a message” and there’s nothing there.

__Morgana__

I know, it really messes with my OCD tendencies. ;-)

Quite honestly, one of the best green teas I’ve ever tried. It tastes like a bamboo forest on a foggy day, really quite extraordinary and experiential.

A really great, every day tea. One of my favorites.