Raspberry Cordial

Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by mrs.stenhouse12

1 Tasting Note View all

From The Tea Girl

A late summer blend for sharing stories with your bosom friend over fruit cake and cherry preserves. Made of raspberries, strawberries, citrus peel and tart hibiscus with flavours of lemon and berries. Wonderful hot or sweetened over ice.

Blenders Notes: Growing up in Canada one becomes quite familiar with the Stories of Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables. One of the more memorable scenes is when Anne is allowed to have Diana over for tea and raspberry cordial, but of course serves her wine by mistake. This blend is what I imagine what the girls would have been drinking, should Anne have chosen the correct bottle of Marilla’s Raspberry Cordial. Bright red and juicy and perfect for late summer evenings!

Ingredients: apples, hibiscus, rose hips, bilberries, raspberries, strawberries, amaranth, flavour.

About The Tea Girl View company

1 Tasting Note

2020 Advent Calendar from The Tea Girl – Day 4

I opened the little tin of Day 4 before noon yesterday, as I like to see if there is caffeine. Huzzah – this one was a herbal! And man it smelled yummy! Very raspberry, fruity, yum. A Friday tea indeed! After the fruit peach bomb of my morning matcha, this felt like it would follow nicely.

I found this surprisingly enjoyable. I am so leery of hibiscus in teas lol…I believe I steeped this one for 3 minutes as I was worried it’d get that horrible metallic taste from my friend hibiscus. Surprisingly it did not! It was super berry tasting, pretty sweet – felt like it’d be amazing blended with some fresh lemonade…maybe add some gin…:D might try that on the weekend with this one!

A definite summer tea type blend, not one I’d reach for much in the winter, but in summer yes. I imagine it’s great iced! Will finish off my sample of it indeed!

PS – I am so pleased with this advent calendar so far – it’s been fun, as I’ve had to add pretty much every tea to the Steepster database for it so far! Spreading tea love to the masses :D Also, the entire calendar is inherently nut free – as someone with an allergy, for this to be clearly stated right on the front, I very much appreciate it! Happy with this local to me company, and highly recommend you check them out online if you are not in Edmonton!

Courtney

I was perusing their site the other day after your previous tea note and have a whole cart XD, but also :| haha.

mrs.stenhouse12

@ Courtney yess! I will probably be reordering from them after I go through all the samples :D

Courtney

They really have some amazing sounding teas. Have you tried Tea Hippie? It’s in Cochrane, but I also have a cart for them haha!

mrs.stenhouse12

@ Courtney – I haven’t tried them but will definitely check them out! Love supporting AB companies during this time, and new tea is always exciting :D