Vanilla Chai

Black Chai Blend
Anise, Assam Tea, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Flavor, Ginger, Red Peppercorns
Edit tea info Last updated by mrs.stenhouse12

From The Tea Girl

A house made Chai blend made with organic Assam balanced with cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, anise and peppercorns all with the sweet hint of vanilla. Enjoyed black or in a latte equally!

Recommended 6g per 8oz with a 5-7min steep time. Drinks well on its own, but will also take milk too.

Blenders Notes: Chai possibilities are endless, and can be as distinct as the area or blender who made them. I wanted to make a Chai I could drink without milk as well as steep a long time and make into a latte. I think this is it, the spice to tea ratio is at 50% so there is no lack of flavour. The tea is full leaf, so it can take a long steeping without over balanced astringency. I also love the hint of vanilla that rounds out the cup and supports the spice flavour.

Ingredients: organic assam, cinnamon, ginger, anise, cardamom, peppercorns, flavour.

About The Tea Girl View company

Sipdown (224)

V is for…Vanilla Chai

I am with Sil on this one that there is just too much anise for my tastes. I am still grateful for the chance to try it so thank you Sil for sharing!! In fairness, I had 4 of this company’s vanilla teas today and this is my first miss so all in all pretty successful!

Too much anise in this, and it’s broken up in to little pieces so not easily pulled out if it was in the star format. I love the vanilla and the other spices, but the anise is just too much for me.

2020 Advent Calendar from The Tea Girl – Day 14

Day 14 – almost caught up! I did have this tea a day late, as I got behind on the weekend haha! I also now realize I understeeped it – should have done 5 mins, I did 4 and it definitely could have handled more!

This tea was a smooth talking chai. Nice vanilla sweetness, nice spiced sweetness, nothing too out of this world or harsh. An easy drinking chai. Would love to try this stove-top with vanilla almond milk and honey next time, as that is my favorite way to make a chai!

I found it pleasant, but didn’t focus too much on the flavor (I was drinking it during a pretty intense workday, so my bad). Would maybe like a bit more pop, but that’s just me :D good tea overall! Might order more to play with it!