Bolder Breakfast chocolate puerh

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Charissa

• “Bolder Breakfast was one of the first teas I tried in an effort to wean myself from coffee. This is a nice robust cup that stands up to a little sweetener and milk but is not bitter or astringent...” Read full tasting note
  • “From the Lewis & Clark TTB (delayed) I needed a kick in the pants this morning, and this looked like just the thing. It certainly delivers a lot of flavor, largely due to the pu-erh base. The...” Read full tasting note

From The Tea Spot

Product description not available yet.

About The Tea Spot View company

Bolder Breakfast was one of the first teas I tried in an effort to wean myself from coffee. This is a nice robust cup that stands up to a little sweetener and milk but is not bitter or astringent at all. The black and pu-erh teas compliment the chocolate and vanillaesque mallow petals but still retain their “teaishness”. The tea is quite nice black but a little sweetener and milk make it taste like a woodsy Yohoo drink. This is a yummy cup that even non-tea drinkers will enjoy.

Boiling 4 g 250 OZ / 7393 ML

From the Lewis & Clark TTB (delayed)

I needed a kick in the pants this morning, and this looked like just the thing. It certainly delivers a lot of flavor, largely due to the pu-erh base. The taste profile is mostly chocolate, though the puerh provides most of the power behind the chocolate. I thought I smelled nuts when I started to drink but may have been an unconscious comparison to Harney’s Florence tea, which is one of my favorite flavored teas.

This tea certainly delivers on the promise: big bold flavor; not at all subtle; yet none of the off-flavors you can sometimes get from pu-erh. I’m enjoying it. (Note: I added nutra-sweet, which is my usual practice for chocolate-flavored teas).