Blueberry Wild Child

Apple, Berry, Blueberry, Hibiscus, Tangy, Tart, Pineapple
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Britty
Boiling 4 min, 45 sec 16 oz / 472 ml

• “Currently enjoying a cup of this tisane. This is really nice. I didn’t expect to like it quite as much as I do. The hibiscus is not overdone (which is probably why I like it so much!) I do...” Read full tasting note
  • “The photos off of Tiesta Tea’s website never work with the Steepster format, but I just don’t have time right now to shoot a better picture. What you can’t see in this photo is that Blueberry Wild...” Read full tasting note
  • “Steep Information: Amount: 4 tsp Water: 500ml at 205°F Tool: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker BTM800XL Steep Time: 5 minutes Served: Hot Tasting Notes: Dry Leaf Smell: apple, hibiscus Steeped Tea...” Read full tasting note
  • “Hmm. Maybe I need to edit my Sips By account. I’m getting tired of caffeine free tisanes. A girl needs her caffeine buzz. I was all around unimpressed by this. It’s yet another fruit blend where...” Read full tasting note

From Tiesta Tea

The popular pomegranate superfruit demonstrates its best attributes in a tag-team duo with the fruity blueberry. This delicate twosome will invigorate your taste buds with a very fruity taste experience with extraordinary eye appeal with its robe of royal blue cornflowers, blue mallow blossoms, hibiscus, and elderberries.

Ingredients: apple pieces, hibiscus, elderberries, apple bits, pomegranate arils, blueberries

About Tiesta Tea View company

Currently enjoying a cup of this tisane. This is really nice. I didn’t expect to like it quite as much as I do. The hibiscus is not overdone (which is probably why I like it so much!) I do recommend steeping it for just six minutes in 195F water to keep the hibiscus under control.

The result is a cup that tastes primarily of blueberry – sweet and tart, with notes of elderberry and pomegranate. The apple is barely noticeable but I think it adds a hint of sweetness to the cup that lends balance to the tartier (yes it’s a word, I just made it up) berries in the tisane.

Not bad at all, I enjoyed it. Watch for my review of this tomorrow night on SororiTea Sisters.

mmm sounds tasty

ms.aineecbeland

Canister is lovely.

The photos off of Tiesta Tea’s website never work with the Steepster format, but I just don’t have time right now to shoot a better picture. What you can’t see in this photo is that Blueberry Wild child is a really beautiful tisane. Big dried blueberries, apple pieces, pomegranate arils, bright blue cornflowers… the works. This tisane is a tangy tornado of fruit flavor! It does contain hibiscus that works with the pomegranate to balance the sweetness of the blueberries. It’s not bitter, but if you’re a hibiscus-hater this tea probably isn’t for you.

Tamm

drool this combination sounds so nice right now! I’ve noticed that lots of people here don’t like hibiscus.

Jenn

Yes, lots of hibiscus-haters :) I totally get it though because hibiscus can be very bitter at times. I like it in moderation.

Tamm

I haven’t thought about it before, but what exactly are they using from the hibiscus anyways? O.O

Jenn

The flower, silly!

Tamm

hehehe that’s what I was assuming. :p I think all this homework has temporarily stopped all reasoning function I had left.

Steep Information:

Steeped Tea Smell: hibiscus
Flavor: apples, hibiscus, watery
Body: Medium
Aftertaste:
Liquor: translucent dark orange red

not remarkable

Rating: 2/4 leaves

Blog http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2013/11/tiesta-tea-loose-leaf-herbal-tisane.html

I was all around unimpressed by this. It’s yet another fruit blend where they added hibiscus for color, but it ended up drowning out everything else. Brews up deep magenta and has a tart, tanginess that I’ve never really been a fan of. I guess I can taste some berry and apple underneath? If I try?

The whole experience was just not my thing. I used up my sample by blending it into other fruity teas. Which made them taste like nothing but hibiscus, too.

Flavors: Apple, Berry, Blueberry, Hibiscus, Tangy, Tart

Cameron B.

I tried Sips By for a bit. I actually really liked it for the price point, but I have so much tea already!

Anyway, I generally only cold brew fruit tisanes, as hot and tart is just kind of weird for me! :P

Found this today at Bed, Bath, and Beyond where I also bought a Breville Tea Maker. I brewed this with the Breville. I clearly don’t know what I’m doing with the Breville. When I poured my cup I got tea all into the rest of the tea. I didn’t think you had to remove the basket to pour the tea but I must have been wrong or I didn’t latch the thing properly, not sure which. As to this tea, it’s a tasty herbal with blueberries as the main note. Not sure which of the other flavors I’m tasting.

I brewed about 6 tsp leaf with about a liter of water in my Breville tea maker for about 5 minutes. I think this tea will get made primarily iced though.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 6 tsp 34 OZ / 1000 ML

I picked this up today from Stop and Shop (!!!) because I figured it was a better option than picking up some RUNA tea bags. Next time I go grocery shopping I miiiight end up getting the fireberry as well.

I grabbed this because I need more herbals in my life, I’m specifically fond of fruit teas so this was right up my alley. Unfortunately, the blueberry was totally overpowered by the rest of the tea. But I did taste some pineapple, which is good but weird. I wonder if I mixed this with a little rooibos if it would taste like the Teavana Kona Pop + Blueberry Bliss? Worth a shot next time!

Flavors: Berry, Pineapple

I got this tea mostly for my husband. He still prefers his coffee, but sometimes I find a tea that will prompt him to take a second cup. This is one of them. I also like this tea. Herbal teas aren’t my favorite in general, but I’d drink this again. Its fruity and sweet, not too tart (light on the hibiscus I guess) – incidentally, I kinda like a pure hibiscus tea.

This would probably make a fantastic iced tea for those of you into that sort of thing (I don’t like iced tea myself).

I first drank this at college when I wanted to try dried fruit teas and enjoyed it enough that I ended up purchasing more later on. I’m not sure what it is about this tea that I really enjoy, but my guess is the mixture of blueberries and the small hint o pomegranate from the arills in the mixture. Overall this tea has been resupplied a few times and is something I really enjoy, which is odd when I think about it in comparison to my tea collection.

2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

This is my favorite Tiesta tea I’ve tried. Super fruity and smooth. I really like the combo of pomegranate and blueberry in this one.

Bedtime tea last night. I used up the last tablespoon or so I had to make a big mug of this. It’s very much a juice tea – fruity, sweet, a little bit tart. I feel like I do a disservice to fruity teas — after the initial cup, their flavors blend into a generic fruity flavor and any individual flavors I originally picked up on are lost.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 18 OZ / 532 ML