Passion Berry Jolt

Black Fruit Blend
Black Tea, Cornflower Petals, Marigold Flowers, Passionfruit, Passionfruit Flavor, Pineapple Piece, Raspberries
Bitter, Pineapple, Sweet, Tangy, Tannic, Tart, Passion Fruits, Raspberry, Fruity
High
Edit tea info Last updated by ememoh

• “Backlog: I really liked this one from Tiesta Tea. A lovely fruity tone, but, not so fruity that it overpowers the bold Assam tea. Very flavorful. The fruit notes do not taste fake or artificial....” Read full tasting note
  • “Thanks for a bit of this Liberteas. This was pretty good! Passionfruit, Berry, and tang! It’s a little bit puckery-tart but pretty good! I’m betting it would be even better iced! :)” Read full tasting note
  • “iced Sipdown (627)! Don’t know why, but I had just assumed this was a herbal tea. I opened up the sample bag that VariaTEA sent me of it today, though, and I saw right away that it’s definitely NOT...” Read full tasting note
  • “The dry tea looks and smells so nice! I love the look of black tea mixed with flower petals. The predominant scent is sweet pineapple with a tart undertone. Had high hopes for this one!...” Read full tasting note

From Tiesta Tea

Throw a jolt of passion in your day! With a unified blend of Assam black tea, cornflowers, marigolds, and passion fruit flavoring, this fruity Energizer is sure to keep you locked, loaded, and ready to go. Tastes great iced!

About Tiesta Tea View company

Backlog:

I really liked this one from Tiesta Tea. A lovely fruity tone, but, not so fruity that it overpowers the bold Assam tea. Very flavorful. The fruit notes do not taste fake or artificial. A very fun tea, one of my favorites from Tiesta thus far.

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/04/05/passion-berry-jolt-black-tea-blend-from-tiesta-tea/

iced Sipdown (627)!

Don’t know why, but I had just assumed this was a herbal tea. I opened up the sample bag that VariaTEA sent me of it today, though, and I saw right away that it’s definitely NOT a herbal tea. Nope, definitely very much a black tea.

It’s ok iced; kind of has a sour passion fruit/mango taste to it that would be perfectly fine (arguably even delicious) if it was the only flavour in the cup. However, it’s also somewhat floral and the finish is really buttery and I’m just NOT into that buttery tropical/citrus fruit duo so it detracts a lot from the overall flavour for me. I wonder where that buttery quality is coming from!? If it could be eliminated this would be such a more pleasant cuppa…

The dry tea looks and smells so nice! I love the look of black tea mixed with flower petals. The predominant scent is sweet pineapple with a tart undertone. Had high hopes for this one! Unforunately, the brewed tea was a bit disappointing. I’m going to give it another shot with a shorter steep time as I let it go the full 5 minutes of the 3-5 suggested. It’s quite tannic/bitter. And the tartness reminds me of teas that have too much hibiscus but there isn’t any here. I also think this would probably be better as an iced tea. For me, I t’s all around kind of weird when hot. So I’ll give it another shot with that method and hopefully it will improve, especially since I bought the 4 oz tin!

Flavors: Bitter, Pineapple, Sweet, Tangy, Tannic, Tart

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Pleasant but pretty generic. I definitely prefer the lychee black from the Asian market.

This is a very utilitarian tea for me. If I need a quick pick-me-up, this works. As a part-time coffee drinker, this is like taking Folgers when you prefer freshly-ground whole bean local roasts. Its greatest boon is being a widely available, loose tea, and if I’m all out of something decent, I can grab this at my local grocery.

I was so excited by this new addition at my local grocery store: bags of loose-leaf tea alongside the boxes of Lipton and Bigelow! I haven’t tried much from this brand before, but this one sounded tasty and the price was pretty good: $5 for 1.5 ounces. I’m not sure what makes this an “energizer” tea, as the ingredients list and flavor indicate that it’s simply a fruit-flavored black tea. However, the flavor is quite pleasant: natural-tasting raspberry and passionfruit with a slightly tart note in the aftertaste. I may have to try some other flavors next time I stock up on groceries!

Flavors: Passion Fruits, Raspberry, Tart

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
gmathis

Haven’t seen Tiesta in grocery stores yet; we can get it at local health food place, but it’s significantly more expensive than what you snagged it for. Their nutty-appley variety (can’t remember the name) is good.

Inkling

Thanks for the recommendation! I seem to recall seeing a nutty herbal blend that I passed up because there was hibiscus in the ingredients list; maybe I’ll give it a shot next time.

gmathis

Ah…(looked it up)…Nutty Almond Cream.

Lindsay

Tiesta usually has a 50% off Black Friday sale online, just FYI ;)

mostly flavors of black tea with a hint of fruitiness.

Found this tea at my local Waldbaums. I was so shocked that they were now selling loose leaf teas alongside their selection of teabags that I had to pick a couple up.It is a fairly tasty tea that I think will be great iced. There is a nice sweetness from the raspberries and virtually no bitterness or astringency. Even though it has no artificial ingredients it has just a little bit of an artificial taste, but just barely. It is still good for a tea purchased in a supermarket.

I brewed this one time in a 16oz Glass Perfect Tea Maker/gravity steeper with 3 tsp leaf and 200 degree water for 3 min.

Flavors: Raspberry

Just brewed up the last of this tea. I quite like the taste of it. It is definitely fruity, much more than most fruity teas you can get in a non-high end grocery. Like I mentioned in my previous review, I do not get a “jolt” of energy from this at all, it just seems to be normal tea. I say if you want an energy jolt, go for matcha. It gives me zing without a crash.

But anyway, this is good, but I don’t think the price matches up with its quality. I paid about six bucks and some change for 1.5 oz at Target. I can get 3 oz samples from Adagio of flavored teas for around the same price.

So would I recommend this? Taste-wise, yes, if someone were to offer me a cup, I would not turn it down. Will I buy it again? Not if the price remains the same without the amount in the package increasing.

Flavors: Fruity