Huang Jin Gui

Oolong Tea
Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by ashmanra

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I bought this at a shop just two hours away. Once upon a time, all of their were sourced from Teageschwendner, but around the time I started going they began to get a few from other places. They do...” Read full tasting note

From Tin Roof Teas

Grown at high elevations in Fujian Province in China, this sumptuous, crisp green oolong has complex character, opening with fruit tones and finishing with sweet floral notes and a hint of honey.

A mild smooth floral taste, a strong sweet flowery aroma, and a pleasant lasting aftertaste of vanilla.

About Tin Roof Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

I bought this at a shop just two hours away. Once upon a time, all of their were sourced from Teageschwendner, but around the time I started going they began to get a few from other places. They do their own Moroccan Mint blend and it is THE BEST. But I digress.

The first time I drank this I was disappointed. I was expecting it to taste like a similar tea I had tried around that time and it I didn’t drink it again for a while.

Now I have had it several times more and I wonder what was wrong with me? This is really good!

This is a green oolong, not roasty toasty like Dong Ding (they sell a very good one of those) or Da Hong Pao. It has a nice floral high that rises at the outset, nice in the aroma, and there is a bit of minerality, too.

Even though it is a green floral oolong, I served it with our late breakfast of cinnamon raisin bagels in the rockers out back. It went well and had enough flavor not to drown under the cinnamon and schmeer. We kept sipping until the ants found us. It was getting too hot out there anyway.