Herbal Tea
Bitter Fennel, Licorice Root, Orange Peel, Organic Marshmallow Root, Saigon Cinnamon
Anise, Licorice, Sweet, Cinnamon, Artificial, Ginger, Spices

From Traditional Medicinals

Personality
Smooth and silky.

Herbal Power
Helps you sing it loud, say it proud, stand up and be heard.

Reason to Love
Slippery elm or Ulmus rubra (Latin for “red elm,” so called for its lovely reddish bark) is a beautiful, native North American elm tree. It’s the inner bark of this tree that is actually called “slippery elm” due to its, yes, slippery, smooth, and slimy-in-a-good-way properties. Combined with licorice and marshmallow root, we think this tea blend is like taking your voice to the spa—because we all need a little comfort sometimes so we can get back to being our best.

Taste
Sweet and earthy, silky, with a distinct licorice taste.

Directions
Pour 8 oz. freshly boiled water over 1 tea bag.
Cover cup & Steep for 10-15 minutes.
Squeeze tea bag to ensure maximum goodness in your cup.
Enjoy 4-6 cups daily. Especially good with honey!

One of the primary sources of wild slippery elm bark (an ingredient in this tea) is in Eastern Kentucky. We are honored to partner with rural Appalachian families there who approach their bark collection with a deep reverence for the trees and plants of these hilly forests. Carefully harvesting limited and sustainable amounts of the bark by hand, they are maintaining the health of the trees, and preserving this precious resource for generations to come.

Ingredients: Organic licorice root, Organic slippery elm bark, Organic licorice root dry aqueous extract, Organic marshmallow root [PhEur], Organic wild cherry bark, Organic bitter fennel fruit, Organic Saigon cinnamon bark, Organic sweet orange peel

About Traditional Medicinals View company

Being a Singer, of the Classical Arts this Tea is literally MAGIC! The tea has an instant effect, almost as if one could “feel” the coating advertised as per the name of the product. The beautiful combination of Licorice Root & Fennel bring about an unusual but amazing taste with instant relaxing effects. If you tire your voice/throat often or simply want to show your throat some love!. This is the tea for you!

Blech, so sweet. Way too much licorice root in this tea, at least flavor-wise. I don’t know if licorice root has a medicinal value?. Of course no one is drinking this for the taste anyway. It definitely took some of the pain out of my sore throat.

It didn’t fend off my cold, but points for effective symptom relief.

Fjellrev

Hope you’ll feel better soon!

Tamarindel

Thank you! I am definitely on the mend — I don’t have that dragging feeling of doom that came over me when the cold was in full swing — there’s just a little lingering congestion now, but I am kind of a wimp about colds. Just not used to being sick.

This tisane is way too sweet for me and the licorice flavor is a bit overpowering. But that being said, it works! A sore throat feels significantly better after sipping this.

Flavors: Anise, Licorice, Sweet

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I reaaaaallly don’t like the flavour of this tea. It’s gross. However, that is NOT the point of drinking it. I’m currently drinking it steeped as directed for 15 minutes with 2 spoonfuls of honey and 2 tea bags in my large special order cat mug (I had it done with a black cat with yellow eyes on it. Currently all 3 of my pure black cats look like that so I can’t choose which one it is.)(I have another one with a white cat with blue eyes that is Sinatra. My other white cat Groucho (RIP) had one blue eye and one yellow one.)

SO yes. Disgusting. Have to say though, it does feel good on the throat. It’s stil a bit tickly but I’m not done with the mug yet and I can feel the ‘good slimy’ covering my throat in the back. Just needs to be a bit of a thicker layer and a bit more soothing. I have a stupid tickle in my throat that I think I picked up either from the cold air while walking or from gas fumes. Or possibly from the smokers outside that I had to walk past this morning. Cigarette smoke always makes me cough but usually I’m not still coughing 5 hours later.

I’m not even sick, so I can taste all of this and it is like being punched in the face by a giant animated liquorice stick. But like I said, that’s not the point.

Flavors: Licorice

Boiling 8 min or more
OMGsrsly

Oof, you’re strong, managing to drink something that licoricey on purpose!

Starfevre

I will not lie, it was extremely unpleasant, but the throat tickle was worse. I was really tired of coughing.

OMGsrsly

I’ve been sucking on “warm apple pie” cough drops with pectin. They are… well, they mostly work. (I don’t do mint, so my options are limited!)

Once again, I’m not sick, but just sampling the teas out of my “Cold Season Sampler” from Traditional Medicinals.

The main flavour in this tea is anise/licorice root followed by cinnamon. I don’t like eating actual licorice but I do like it in tea. I can definitely see how it would be soothing on a sore throat, like Bravissimo from DAVID’s tea or “Don’t worry, be happy” from Steeped tea. The one difference between this tea and those loose leaf teas is that this doesn’t have chamomile. I like chamomile, but this would be better to sip during the day so I wouldn’t fall asleep!

Overall this tea is really nice. It rivals Bravissimo and Don’t Worry be happy and I would even dare to say that it is better due to the fact that the licorice/anise is stronger and will therefore help a sore throat more. This may be the first time I say a bagged tea is better than loose leaf!

Flavors: Anise, Cinnamon, Licorice

Boiling 8 min or more 14 OZ / 400 ML
Lisa Elizabeth

Better than Bravissimo? Strong words, my friend!

Kristal

It’s been a while since I’ve had it, so take my words with a grain of salt! Bravissimo is more complex in its flavour but I’m pretty sure this tea is more soothing on a sore throat than Bravissimo, which is what I’m rating it by.

Lisa Elizabeth

Alright, I will concede that point.

Kirkoneill1988

i don’t like licorice tasting teas

Kristal

update: I’ve been sick and this tea REALLY works at soothing a sore throat. Def recommend!

The taste is not great but also not horrible. Soothes your throat for about as long as a Halls cough drop. I used to have a few bags in my desk at work in case I needed them.

This smells just like licorice candy. I had read that the primary flavor was licorice so I was prepared, but I was hoping it would be something more like anise. Aside from the licorice, there is also spice here that I can’t quite figure out. I was thinking maybe ginger but I don’t see that on the ingredient list.

This smells different while its steeping, more like the anise I was hoping for, and a bit sweet. Wow, this has some serious licorice flavor. It kind of hits you at the back of the throat with this cloying artificial sweetness. I certainly wouldn’t drink this for the flavor so hopefully it does its job and makes my sore throat feel better this morning.

Flavors: Anise, Artificial, Ginger, Licorice, Spices, Sweet

Well, it does feel good on my throat. And it’s sweet and a bit cinnamony. Mega licorice, which is sort of the point but would probably be a dealbreaker for some people.

This tea isn’t very tasty. It takes some getting use to. However, drinking this is ESSENTIAL to preventing and healing sore throats and laryngitis. I recommend this to anyone having those issues.

I think this is my first note for anything that doesn’t have Camellia sinensis in it. I usually don’t go for herbal or medicinal teas, but I was audacious (or groggy) enough to try this while I was sick. The official description on the box literally says “slimy in a good way”. That wasn’t terribly reassuring, but it was accurate, and basically how a demulcent is supposed to work. It’s soothing and doesn’t taste icky, though I can’t say I was really in a state to make a good assessment of the taste. Sweet and…unfamiliar? Woodsy? Anyway, it was pretty not bad and worked fairly well, so I’m happy with that.