Earl Grey Lavender

Bergamot, Black Tea, Lavender, Natural Flavours
Bergamot, Citrus, Floral, Lavender, Lemon, Malt, Smooth, Flowers, Fruity, Perfume
Tea Bag
High
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Mastress Alita
Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 12 oz / 355 ml

• “Sampler Sunday! I got these sampler teabags from a very nice volunteer in my department at the library, who remembered that I love lavender in my tea. Since today is a very grey morning, and my...” Read full tasting note
  • “Quite liked this one! Drank it black. The lavender and bergamot play well together and give it a flowery/ perfumey flavor, although not cloyingly so. A little bit of vanilla would have made this...” Read full tasting note

From Twinings of London

Twinings has been blending my family tea for years. Legend has it that my ancestor, the second Earl Grey, was presented with this exquisite recipe by an envoy on his return from China. He liked it so much he asked Richard Twining to recreate it for him. Generations of my family have enjoyed Earl Grey tea and today, I am proud to continue the tradition with the tea celebrated throughout the world known as Twining Earl Grey.

At Twinings, we’ve been blending Earl Grey tea for nearly two centuries. But sometimes, a little change can be good. That’s why we are excited to bring you Lavender Earl Grey- a modern twist to a classic tea. Known for its fresh, floral aroma and soothing taste, the luxurious flavour of lavender creates a rewarding tea that will calm and soothe your soul.

Ingredients: Black tea, natural bergamot flavour with other natural flavours, lavender

Brewing Time:

HOT TEA: Pour freshly boiled water over tea bag and allow brewing for 3 minutes depending on your desired strength. Enjoy sweetened or plain –the choice is yours.

REFRESHING ICED TEA: To make 1 Quart of Iced Tea, use 4 tea bags, brew as suggested above using 4 cups of water. Allow to cool then serve over ice.

*We do not recommend using a microwave to boil your cup of water because over-boiling will cause oxygen to be reduced, making the tea taste flat.

About Twinings of London View company

Sampler Sunday! I got these sampler teabags from a very nice volunteer in my department at the library, who remembered that I love lavender in my tea. Since today is a very grey morning, and my mood has been rather grey lately, it seemed the right time to make a teapot of lavender Earl Grey this morning. Finally drove my car to its utter death trying to “get by” with it waiting until my family would be coming back to state to deal with all the business involved with getting my grandmother into longterm care, at which point I can purchase her vehicle, the funds of which would go directly to her longterm care. But it didn’t make it… so I’m without a car at all for another week. Since it was totally dead, I only managed to get $200 for it after I’d put $1100 into repairs on it. Sad.

I gave the tea my typical brief CTC steep, though pushed it slightly longer (2 minutes) just because I wanted to make sure the lavender notes would come through. There is certainly a lovely lavender aroma wafting from the teapot… mmm. I’m also getting some lemony notes in the aroma. The tea doesn’t really hold a candle to my favorite Lavender Earl Grey from Angry Tea Room, but for a bagged tea, Twinings of London is still holding out on top for me. The bergamot is perhaps just a touch heavier than I tend to prefer but not as overbearing as most bagged Earl Greys which is why I typically avoid them; it tastes a bit on the citrusy lemon side, and there is a noticable lavender note that blends well with the bergamot because of that lemon note, and is soft and relaxing. The base tea is quite smooth, perhaps because I steeped this so briefly, so I don’t have any bitter or astringent notes in my cup. The base is a mellow malt allowing the flavors to take precidence.

This can’t really replace the loose lavender Earl Grey I keep in my cupboard, but if I found this in a restaurant or needed some cheap teabags for travel, I’d gladly take this along.

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus, Floral, Lavender, Lemon, Malt, Smooth

tea-sipper

That angry tea room lavender EG IS really good. I’m so sorry about your grandma and your car.

Mastress Alita

Thanks. Sadly because of weather and my aunt coming down terribly ill my dad had to cancel his trip, so the hits just keep coming. I’m uncertain at this point if there is any way I’ll be able to get my grandmother’s car, which is stuck out of state, and I need family to get to it since moving it will require a second driver… sigh. Right now I’ve been stuck for a week with no transportation at all, in a small town that offers no real public transportation alternatives, and it’s really starting to wear me down, and that’s just on top of the stress and grief of my grandma’s health. Feels like we just can’t catch a break at all.

tea-sipper

Ah, terrible. I know all about middle-of-nowhere “transportation”. Hopefully something works out soon.

Hope you’re doing okay.

Quite liked this one! Drank it black. The lavender and bergamot play well together and give it a flowery/ perfumey flavor, although not cloyingly so. A little bit of vanilla would have made this just about perfect. The base is a typical Twinings smooth, non-astringent, non-aggressive Chinese black tea. They make such good stuff.

I miss being able to find Stash’s Breakfast in Paris at the grocery store, but this is a perfectly acceptable substitute. Simultaneously relaxing and bracing.

Flavors: Citrus, Flowers, Fruity, Lavender, Perfume

Shae

You sold me on this one!

teaqueen

Oh good! It’s quickly becoming one of my favorite bagged EGs :)